The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
IMAX WEBSITE is NOT LOADING!!!! :bawling:
I know. :frown:
Reply 6622
I HATE my life so much :bawling: I've got an exam tomorrow, so I think I'll give it up now/soon/10min/30min max or wake up at 6 and hopefully no one shall be on then hahaha *Evil laugh* :p: This sucks though :frown: I hate this!
I finally got through to the BFI IMAX website only to find out that all the good tickets for the Friday have gone. I had a look at the Birmingham's IMAX screen (which is now a Giant Screen, seems to be just a different licensing) which is close to me at home the week after and where I saw Avatar and it looks like I should be able to get tickets to that without much trouble (they are released two weeks before they go on sale). The really insane thing that blew my mind was the price - in London peak tickets are £16.75 and £12 for students, whereas in Birmingham they're £8.50 and £6 (plus a cheaper booking fee).

If that should fall through I'll just get some tickets to one of the Leicester Square cinemas. I saw a lot of big releases at the Odeon there over the years, and it's got terrific atmosphere when it's full (Return of the King was given a standing ovation on opening night). I only recently went to the Empire Apollo there and was really impressed by it (although there was only about 20 people in the screening) so I'd quite like to try that with a big crowd too.
Reply 6624
Oh my, that actually sucks! :erm: Servers are busy now though whenever I try it.
World War Z, the Brad Pitt zombie film, is having a torrid time at the minute. It's been called in for 7-9 weeks of reshoots (which is a very long time) with Damon Lindelof being brought on board for extensive rewrites, and the release of it has been delayed by 6 months. All that really doesn't bode well for the quality of it.
Reply 6626
Original post by Phalanges
World War Z, the Brad Pitt zombie film, is having a torrid time at the minute. It's been called in for 7-9 weeks of reshoots (which is a very long time) with Damon Lindelof being brought on board for extensive rewrites, and the release of it has been delayed by 6 months. All that really doesn't bode well for the quality of it.

Read abouy that the other day. You do wonder what the hell they were doing whilst actually filming the damn thing.
Reply 6627
Booked my tickets! :grin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo: :party: 21st July 1am :biggrin:
Original post by Mess.
Read abouy that the other day. You do wonder what the hell they were doing whilst actually filming the damn thing.

Original post by Mess.

I really hope that Paramount saw it and went "we can't market this to a wide audience!", rather than it just being a terrible film. I really like Marc Foster as a director.
It's going to end up like the film being filmed in Tropic Thunder.
Reply 6631
I have never been to IMAX London, are the centre row N seats any good? I want to watch Batman next month!
Reply 6632
Have only just discovered that Duncan Jones (director of Moon and Source Code) is in fact Zowie Bowie, David Bowie's son! Talent to spare in that family!
Reply 6633
Original post by aja89
Have only just discovered that Duncan Jones (director of Moon and Source Code) is in fact Zowie Bowie, David Bowie's son! Talent to spare in that family!

Wow! Random fact of the day indeed!
Moon was incredible and Source Code was good too.

Lucky I read over this thread - just got tickets to see TDKR with my two mates at Manchester IMAX - had to be on the Saturday though. Will try ignore like everything between release and then ahah...
Reply 6634
Original post by Mo-Amin
Wow! Random fact of the day indeed!
Moon was incredible and Source Code was good too.

Lucky I read over this thread - just got tickets to see TDKR with my two mates at Manchester IMAX - had to be on the Saturday though. Will try ignore like everything between release and then ahah...

High five!! :biggrin: on TDKR
Reply 6635
Anyone else heard of this project? Aronofsky directing Russel Crowe, Ray Winstone, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and possibly Jennifer Connolly in a re-telling of the Noah's Ark story. Could be interesting. :beard:

Original post by calvinm

I enjoyed Another Earth more than most but I would say that the ideas behind it are more interesting than the finished product. Brit Marling gave a pretty good performance, her facial expressions really gave an insight into the character.

My take on it is pretty much here. :smile:
Original post by Abiraleft
Anyone else heard of this project? Aronofsky directing Russel Crowe, Ray Winstone, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and possibly Jennifer Connolly in a re-telling of the Noah's Ark story. Could be interesting. :beard:

My take on it is pretty much here. :smile:

I dunno how you'd make Noah's ark an interesting story though
Reply 6637
Original post by SquaredCircle

Yeah, someone made a comment to that effect down the page:

The dialogue aboard the ark must be interesting. 'Is it still raining?' 'Yes, now get on with shovelling dung.'

:p:
Original post by SquaredCircle

I'm struggling to think how you wouldn't make it interesting.
Look no further than Evan Almighty.

Quick Reply

Latest