Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by SquaredCircle)
    I dunno how you'd make Noah's ark an interesting story though
    Yeah, someone made a comment to that effect down the page:

The dialogue aboard the ark must be interesting. 'Is it still raining?' 'Yes, now get on with shovelling dung.'
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SquaredCircle)
    I dunno how you'd make Noah's ark an interesting story though
    I'm struggling to think how you wouldn't make it interesting.

Look no further than Evan Almighty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I meant to give you positive rep for making me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    To amend my point then, I'm struggling to think how Aronofsky wouldn't make it interesting. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think it could be interesting. I'd imagine there would need to be a buildup to the point at which the arc is built. ie, the story starts with Noah and the dons in the arc, and then it goes back and retells the story? :dontknow: But it looks interesting

Edit: Anyone seen The Other Guys? It was on Sky Movies today so I watched it and it was actually hilarious. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Things like this please me greatly. It's a still of every single frame from the entire Harry Potter series, condensed into a barcode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Things like this please me greatly. It's a still of every single frame from the entire Harry Potter series, condensed into a barcode.

That is actually a pretty cool picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    That is actually a pretty cool picture
    I just bought a massive poster of this one, it's Aladdin, it's my favourite Disney film, and it's also stunning!

Here's the website, there's hundreds of them. http://moviebarcode.tumblr.com/

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend me a lesser-known, Kubrick-esque sci-fi film for me?

(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    Mr Nobody?

ReputationRep:

It's not really obscure, but Moon is probably the closest you'll get to a Kubrickesque modern sci-fi film (slow pacing, focus on deteriorating psychology, intentional subversion of 2001 tropes, etc.).

ReputationRep:
    So I loved Prometheus... yeah loads of unexplained stuff but my God was it fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Mr Nobody?
    (Original post by Christien)
    It's not really obscure, but Moon is probably the closest you'll get to a Kubrickesque modern sci-fi film (slow pacing, focus on deteriorating psychology, intentional subversion of 2001 tropes, etc.).
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them both out. :yep:

I've seen some talk of Moon in this thread and from what you guys have said about it, it seems like a pretty interesting film. I haven't got round to watching it yet, though.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them both out. :yep:

I've seen some talk of Moon in this thread and from what you guys have said about it, it seems like a pretty interesting film. I haven't got round to watching it yet, though.
    You said 'lesser-known' so I automatically ruled out Moon. :lol: If you haven't seen it already, definitely check it out. :yep:

On that note, Blade Runner? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    You said 'lesser-known' so I automatically ruled out Moon. :lol: If you haven't seen it already, definitely check it out. :yep:

On that note, Blade Runner? :teehee:
    I've already seen Blade Runner, a very enjoyable film, actually. I've just remembered Solaris, though, that's another one I haven't seen yet. Would that be worth watching? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The original is.

Source Code is you haven't already seen it is also a good bet.

I've already seen Blade Runner, a very enjoyable film, actually. I've just remembered Solaris, though, that's another one I haven't seen yet. Would that be worth watching? :holmes:
    Yeah, I was just poking a bit of fun. :p:

I haven't seen Solaris yet, although it's a film I've wanted to watch for a while. Are you talking about Tarkovsky or Soderbergh?

If you're looking for sci-fi in general, I'd also highly recommend Metropolis if you haven't seen it already. Not exactly Kubrikesque (much before Kubrik :p:) but does transcend the conventions of the genre much like 2001.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    The original is.

Source Code is you haven't already seen it is also a good bet.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. :yep:

Yeah, I was just poking a bit of fun. :p:

I haven't seen Solaris yet, although it's a film I've wanted to watch for a while. Are you talking about Tarkovsky or Soderbergh?

If you're looking for sci-fi in general, I'd also highly recommend Metropolis if you haven't seen it already. Not exactly Kubrikesque (much before Kubrik :p:) but does transcend the conventions of the genre much like 2001.
    Yeah, I was talking about the original Tarkovskiy version. I've never really liked the look of Soderbergh's remake, to be honest. :nah:

Oh, and Metropolis sounds quite interesting. I'll give that a gander, as well. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Something Prometheus related:

Spoiler:
    Show

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.