Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    All booked to go and see The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX in July. Never seen a film on IMAX before so looking forward to the experience.
    Make sure your body is ready.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what is Master? I haven't even heard of it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Going to see Red Lights tonight, I'm a sucker for Sigourney.

(Original post by Revent)
    Wait, what is Master? I haven't even heard of it :lol:

Paul Thomas Anderson, with a cast that includes Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix. :drool:

(Original post by aja89)
    Going to see Red Lights tonight, I'm a sucker for Sigourney.
    Didn't think I'd heard of it, but looking at the Wikipedia page now I'm pretty sure I've looked it up before. Looks like a potentially good cast; Cillian Murphy, Toby Jones, who was pretty good if unspectacular in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and - fingers crossed he'll eventually make a good film again - De Niro. :beard:

I haven't seen Weaver in anything other than Alien. :sad: Though I did quite like her in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Zodiac
    Se7en
    Frailty
    Drive
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    Fracture
    Insomnia
    Eden Lake
    The Town

I could think of some more if you want to be more specific.
    Have just watched The Town. Very good film, I enjoyed watching it. How could I have missed out on it? Thanks for the advice, do you know any more nice thrillers?
    I watched Frailty by the way and it appeared that I have seen it a while ago, good film too.

"One of those sunny days" - it was brilliant, yet so simple! Directed by Ben Affleck :O *bravo*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

I haven't seen Weaver in anything other than Alien. :sad: Though I did quite like her in that.
    Have you not seen Avatar?

(Original post by Na-dia)
    Have you not seen Avatar?
    Oh yeah. :facepalm2: Though in my defence, it isn't the most actor-centred film ever, is it. :p:

Also, with regard to The Town - have you seen Gone Baby Gone? It was Affleck's directorial debut, and features his brother Casey alongside Morgan Freeman and Michelle Monaghan. Personally, I loved it - I liked it better than The Town, although general critical consensus so far seems to disagree with me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Oh yeah. :facepalm2: Though in my defence, it isn't the most actor-centred film ever, is it. :p:

Also, with regard to The Town - have you seen Gone Baby Gone? It was Affleck's directorial debut, and features his brother Casey alongside Morgan Freeman and Michelle Monaghan. Personally, I loved it - I liked it better than The Town, although general critical consensus so far seems to disagree with me. :p:
    Yeah Avatar is all about the special effects and what not so you don't really look at the actors especially considering that they are blue and cat ish ( hissing and all the ears/tail stuff does look cat inspired doesn't it?).

As for the film you suggested, no I have not seen it. Casey Affleck is good, and well looking which tricked me into watching The Killer Inside Me. Not saying that I did not like it, but I never thought of Casey as of a serious actor as I only saw him in comedies before.Tensed and violent film it is, not an easy watch as for me. The film was good however.

ReputationRep:
    Must've deleted the teaser then re-uploaded it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Make sure your body is ready.
    At least it isn't in 3D, don't think I would bother otherwise...

Speaking of good thriller films...Inside Man :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: The Master actually looks hilarious :p: Definitely on my to watch list when it comes out!!

ReputationRep:

I saw it, quite a good film

ReputationRep:

Move, kids, get out my way.

ReputationRep:
    At least it isn't in 3D, don't think I would bother otherwise...

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)

Move, kids, get out my way.
    I am so ready for this it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Na-dia)
    Have just watched The Town. Very good film, I enjoyed watching it. How could I have missed out on it? Thanks for the advice, do you know any more nice thrillers?
    I watched Frailty by the way and it appeared that I have seen it a while ago, good film too.

"One of those sunny days" - it was brilliant, yet so simple! Directed by Ben Affleck :O *bravo*
    Primal Fear
    The Man from Nowhere (one of my favourites)
    Running Scared
    Spartan
    The Pledge
    A Perfect Getaway
    Identity
    Manhunter
    Dead Man's Shoes
    The Strangers
    I Saw the Devil

(Original post by Revent)
    :laugh: The Master actually looks hilarious :p: Definitely on my to watch list when it comes out!!
    Hilarious? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:

Given Rihanna's abysmal acting in Battleship, athletes should be the least of his problems.

(Original post by Mister Dead)
    at least he'll leave us with one truly great youtube compilation.

hahaha nicholas cage

mort de rire
    'Not the bees'. :rofl: He really goes all in, no matter how terrible the film is. Got to respect him for that.

The only thing that tops this is the compilation of Arnold Swarchenegger one liners (spelt that without Google, **** yeah).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.