Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Na-dia)
    Could not watch Cowboys and Aliens, all the others are good

I'm about 50 minutes in and have yet to see an alien, though I haven't really been paying attention.

I DEMAND ALIENS.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the aliens are kinda lame.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I was going to turn it off but Walton Goggins just turned up. Now I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    If there is enough Walton Goggins in the following 5 min then go on watching.

ReputationRep:
    Attack the Block on C4 tonight 10pm

ReputationRep:
    Precious is a film with a lot of raw emotional power. Gabourey Sidibe should take on some more 'serious' roles in future.

Glengarry Glen Ross was something of a shameful omission from my 'watched' list, but I'm glad I watched it. Excellent performances from Spacey, Pacino, Lemmon and Ed Harris; not forgetting Baldwin's cameo.

A speculation on A History of Violence:

Spoiler:
    Show
    There seemed to be little point to the entirety of the high school sub-plot, or even his son as a character. Personally, I'd have preferred it if he was a similar age to the daughter, given that he really added little yet brought in an entirely pointless sub plot, the sole point of which seemed to be 'look, he's as bad as his dad when he gets violent'. The ending was also... awful

Attack the Block is very 'meh'. The dialogue isn't anywhere near as funny as the trailers make out and the action takes a turn for the ridiculous, Rambo-esque, which detracts from the setting and atmosphere created in the beginning of the film.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see Cosmopolis tomorrow. I'm a fan of David Cronenberg's work but I really dislike Robert Pattinson. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Arran44)
    I'm going to see Cosmopolis tomorrow. I'm a fan of David Cronenberg's work but I really dislike Robert Pattinson. :rolleyes:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Why?
    I think 'why not?' would be a more appropriate response.

Personally, I was quite indifferent until I saw his catastrophic portrayal of Salvador Dalí in Little Ashes. What a stinker.

I sat down earlier tonight anticipating Teshigahara's The Man Without a Map, yet the horrific subtitling prevented me from enjoying it. It was like a stenographic transcript of Charlie Chan with a mousetrap on his tongue.

Watched Goodbye Lenin! last night. What a concept! :lol:

Boosted by early reviews, Beasts of the Southern Wild might be my second-most anticipated film coming out this year. :holmes:

ReputationRep:

I ****ing love these parodies! :rofl:

Coraline - how stop motion animations are made:

I haven't watched the film in question.

ReputationRep:
    http://literal-movie-posters.tumblr.com/page/3

ReputationRep:
    Coraline - how stop motion animations are made:

I haven't watched the film in question.
    Coraline scared the crap out of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KillForOreos)
    Coraline scared the crap out of me
    Me too. It's creepy, but still not as bad as Insidious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Na-dia)
    Me too. It's creepy, but still not as bad as Insidious
    Weird cos Insidious didn't scare me one bit, I thought it was just silly. Horror/thriller films don't frighten me at all. I enjoy them fully.
    But for some reason Coraline scared the heck out of me, I think it was the evil Mother and the button eyes.

Related to something we talked about earlier: 'Has Pixar lost the plot?' Looks at the angle of criticism that contends that Pixar went downhill after Disney bought them out in 2006.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KillForOreos)
    Weird cos Insidious didn't scare me one bit, I thought it was just silly. Horror/thriller films don't frighten me at all. I enjoy them fully.
    Have you seen the Woman in Black and is that any good horror wise? It looked pretty creepy.

Ethan Hawke's new film Sinister also looks pretty creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Have you seen the Woman in Black and is that any good horror wise? It looked pretty creepy.

Ethan Hawke's new film Sinister also looks pretty creepy.
    I haven't seen it yet, I will soon though. What's Sinister about?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.