Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Watched Drive today. There is something different about this film. Maybe the slowed down half of the film? I liked it however. Must be Ryan Gosling :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I know you do. You just don't seem particularly receptive of modern films. It's just an observation.
    I loved 'Drive' (mentioned above). But there was a lot of 80s nostalgia in that! Although I thought it was a really excellent cinema film in most respects and saw it a few times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    I loved 'Drive' (mentioned above). But there was a lot of 80s nostalgia in that! Although I thought it was a really excellent cinema film in most respects and saw it a few times.
    As a modern film it did surprise me, reminded me of The Town which someone on this forum suggested me to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Have you seen the Woman in Black and is that any good horror wise? It looked pretty creepy.

Ethan Hawke's new film Sinister also looks pretty creepy.
    I really want to see it in the theatre before I see the film, which my little sister has.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Lockout. Annoyed because it's usually the crappy kind of film I like but I thought it was distinctly below average. If Guy Pearce wasn't in it, it'd have been so much worse.

Maggie Grace looked hot at the start of the film though.

I watched A Clockwork Orange yesterday. I thought it was a masterful if imperfect adaptation of the book - the first third (Part I in the book) was done absolutely brilliantly for me, matching the book, but then it seemed to drop off slightly. Perhaps it was because of the deviations in characterization from the book - the writer in particular. Still thought it was excellent, though; and Malcolm McDowell. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Episode 4 of the abcinema series by Evan Seitz entitled 'GeoVideos'. You should all know the drill by now, guys. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide whether I want to see Killer Joe or not.

ReputationRep:
    Moonrise Kingdom was incredibly good. Could actually be my favourite Wes Anderson film, which is saying something! It was whimsical, dramatic and put a smile on my face.

ReputationRep:
    Saw an advanced screening of Ted, Seth MacFarlane's directorial debut, tonight. A decent film with plenty of un-PC laughs. Still hard to get past Ted sounding very similar to Peter Griffin though.

On another note, I get shivers seeing the Dark Knight Rises trailer :coma:

Super (2010) is actually a pretty good film. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was a cheap Kick-Ass cash in since it's based on a similar premise but it's much darker and approaches the subject matter in a different way.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's an entertaining film, but a fairly nasty one if I remember right

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you guys ever watch Great Movie Mistakes on BBC3 with Robert Webb? I actually found it really interesting, it revealed a lot of mistakes in films that I'd never even spotted before!

That IMDB leaderboard is a bit of a ***** to maintain. Though I did have a chuckle when I saw that Dalek1099 was at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    That IMDB leaderboard is a bit of a ***** to maintain. Though I did have a chuckle when I saw that Dalek1099 was at the bottom.
    Joint with Louise Rogers, you should put numbers in it so we know what our exact place is. It will also increase your workload

ReputationRep:
    That's dedication. Pretty sure it's nearly been 2 years since you started it.

ReputationRep:
    Super (2010) is actually a pretty good film. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was a cheap Kick-Ass cash in since it's based on a similar premise but it's much darker and approaches the subject matter in a different way.
    One scene in that took me completely out of it. You know which one :couchpotato:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    At least it isn't in 3D, don't think I would bother otherwise...

Speaking of good thriller films...Inside Man :cool:
    HELL YEAH

One of my all time favourite films.

Love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    A few sci fi films/tv that I have seen and enjoyed and that haven't been mentioned yet are:

Silent Running
    La Jetee
    Brazil
    The Last Train
    The Quiet Earth
    Threads
    Dark Star
    Repo Man
    Collossus: The Forbin Project
    Blakes 7
    The Twilight Zone
    The Prisoner
    Mad Max 2
    Threads.... man, that film... I watched it the other night, the whole thing. Possibly the bleakest film ever made? or from the past 30 years at least.

Whenever anyone says Mad Max is science-fiction I do think "WTF?". I've always seen them as action movies set in a messed up near future.
    Escape from New York, a similar type of film from the same era, I would call Sci-Fi because you see some advanced technology and gadgets.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Man on a Ledge. Was pretty entertaining tbh, decent thriller/action.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.