Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I think Sorkin displayed the adrenaline pumping micro drama of a newsroom in episode one and went all out with comic interaction between all the characters in episode two. I liked both very much and am predicting a more subtle mixture of the two extremes for the rest of the series.
    So what did you think of episode three?
    I'd say your prediction turned out to be accurate for this episode, it was certainly much stronger than number two.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Watched The Adventures of Tintin last night. It's fantastic. I absolutely loved it and some of the set pieces were fantastic. Really Indiana Jones type film, not surprisingly.
    Did you not find it just that little bit predictable? :erm: . It was less Indiana Jones and more Scooby Doo in my eyes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Did you not find it just that little bit predictable? :erm: . It was less Indiana Jones and more Scooby Doo in my eyes :lol:
    I genuinely loved it. I know it was aimed at kids more than adults, but so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    So what did you think of episode three?
    I'd say your prediction turned out to be accurate for this episode, it was certainly much stronger than number two.
    Yeah it's gone pretty much as I'd hoped. The only problem I'm having at the moment is Emily Mortimer's acting which is quite surprising. Everything she does seems a bit forced and OTT compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully she calms down a bit but it's certainly not dissuading me from watching the show!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Yeah it's gone pretty much as I'd hoped. The only problem I'm having at the moment is Emily Mortimer's acting which is quite surprising. Everything she does seems a bit forced and OTT compared to the rest of the cast. Hopefully she calms down a bit but it's certainly not dissuading me from watching the show!
    I think her character's a bit, well, ridiculous but yeah I'm actually really looking forward to next week now!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    I genuinely loved it. I know it was aimed at kids more than adults, but so what?
    Naah, I got nothing against films aimed at kids, I love them! But I found Tintin a bit underwhelming. The animation quality was fantastic however :yep: . And it was Tintin after all

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Spiderman.

Hmmm. It was good. I enjoyed it. I just felt it lacked a little something. I think perhaps the villain wasn't that great.

I was also convinced for a little while that:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The police chief would be the next Green Goblin. He just had that kinda look..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Just saw Spiderman.

Hmmm. It was good. I enjoyed it. I just felt it lacked a little something. I think perhaps the villain wasn't that great.

I was also convinced for a little while that:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The police chief would be the next Green Goblin. He just had that kinda look..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did you watch the bit after the credits?

(Original post by Deshi)
    Attempted to watch Haywire tonight but it just wasn't happening. Turned it off 15 minutes in.
    I'm surprised you endured Lockout but couldn't get through Haywire.

(Original post by Deshi)
    Wrath of the Titans is crap.
    Do you want to break the news to Dalek1099 or should I?

The Dark Knight Rises is getting gushing reviews and early impressions. Embargo will probably lift in a few days. All aboard the hype train that departs in 9 days. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The Dark Knight Rises is getting gushing reviews and early impressions. Embargo will probably lift in a few days. All aboard the hype train that departs in 9 days. :woo:
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo excited!! :woo: :woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did you watch the bit after the credits?
    Nope. Did I miss something cool? (limited Spiderman knowledge right here..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I'm surprised you endured Lockout but couldn't get through Haywire.
    Yeah, Lockout was pretty bad. I usually like movies like Lockout and Haywire which is why I persisted with Lockout, when I was watching Haywire I just wasn't feeling it

Do you want to break the news to Dalek1099 or should I?
    Haha why, does he love it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Nope. Did I miss something cool? (limited Spiderman knowledge right here..)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQL4EkEHFQ8

ReputationRep:
    I've finally seen the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which was fantastic.
    I preferred Fincher's version slightly more; I found it more girtty, slicker, and maybe because it didn't have as 'happy' an ending... It might just be because I saw it first though.
    Looking forward to seeing the sequels for both versions.

Anyone seen the whole trilogy?

ReputationRep:
    I would say Fincher's ending is happier, considering that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Blomqvist doesn't go to jail.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm new here

Saw 'Submarine' the other day, thought it was really excellent! I was really looking forward to seeing it last year but never got to because they screen hardly anything left-field where I live. I only got round to borrowing the DVD recently!

I'll probably see the new Batman soon. There talking about it in the same breath as Oscar nominations, but surely that's just CRAZY hype??
    I'm still skeptical of hyped-up superhero films since my friend saw Fantastic Four back in primary school and told me it was "the best film she'd ever seen". Safe to say I was pretty disappointed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Daedalus)
    Hello, I'm new here

Saw 'Submarine' the other day, thought it was really excellent! I was really looking forward to seeing it last year but never got to because they screen hardly anything left-field where I live. I only got round to borrowing the DVD recently!

I'll probably see the new Batman soon. There talking about it in the same breath as Oscar nominations, but surely that's just CRAZY hype??
    I'm still skeptical of hyped-up superhero films since my friend saw Fantastic Four back in primary school and told me it was "the best film she'd ever seen". Safe to say I was pretty disappointed...
    Fantastic Four sucked though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculously hard trying to think of good films to watch that I haven't already seen :beard: Just anything that is a really good watch :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Fantastic Four sucked though :lol:
    Each film had one really good scene though, both involving Jessica Alba :woohoo:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.