Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Elena tonight

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1925421/

ReputationRep:
    Guys in To Rome with Love, what is the music that keeps recurring? The one that is up-beat I guess describes it and all the lyrics I understand is "nananananana". Sounds an awful lot like ABBA tbh.

(Original post by danny111)
    Guys in To Rome with Love, what is the music that keeps recurring? The one that is up-beat I guess describes it and all the lyrics I understand is "nananananana". Sounds an awful lot like ABBA tbh.
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix17C4l93Ao. It's an updated version of 'Amada mia, Amore mio di El Pasador'.

I was really disappointed with To Rome with Love after Midnight in Paris.

ReputationRep:
    Going to try and watch Skyfall next weekend with the flat mates I think. Have to still avoid spoilers but already had one biggie through my own fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix17C4l93Ao. It's an updated version of 'Amada mia, Amore mio di El Pasador'.

I was really disappointed with To Rome with Love after Midnight in Paris.
    I'm in the middle of watching it. And I agree, it's not as good. I'm not that disappointed though. As it's not that much my thing. I was more disappointed by Quantum of Solace for example.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Layer Cake for the first time, can't believe that out of all my Dad's films I've watched it's took me so long to put it on. Absolutely loved it, anyone got any similar films to recommend that I may not have seen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Who's excited?

The trailer is amazing. Let's hope the film does the book justice.

OMG that looks so epic

ReputationRep:
    Saw Rust and Bone last night. What is all the fuss about?! Really unremarkable film. Flat and uninvolving. Very disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Re-watched Collateral the other night, loved it as usual.

My favourite Tom Cruise performance by some distance. His character is sooo cool and he plays it so well.

ReputationRep:
    Just back from Bond.

Miss Moneypenny is fiiiine.

And I really like it. I don't know why people call it the best Bond, though. It is really good and has an interesting focus on Bond's past and M, but I am still not over the fact that "we don't do exploding pens anymore". To me that is what Bond is all about. Also I didn't like the fact that again the gun barrel scene was at the end, rather than start. Other than that it was great. I really appreciated that they used the Bond theme several times during the movie.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Arndt set to write the first new Star Wars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20288810

ReputationRep:
    The CGI in the World War Z trailer is pretty terrible.

The zombies move ridiculously fast as well, they all seem to be able to run at about 50mph like its nothing. Their physical capabilities should still be limited to what they could hit at their maximum when alive. Obviously discounting the tiredness but in purely speed and power terms they shouldn't be beyond a human.

ReputationRep:
    Skyfall has grossed more than the last Harry potter film in the UK, anyone else very surprised about that? Never expected it to do this well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...fice-uk-390421

ReputationRep:
    I did once word of mouth got going so fast.

ReputationRep:
    Best part about Total Recall was when Kate Beckinsale got shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Skyfall has grossed more than the last Harry potter film in the UK, anyone else very surprised about that? Never expected it to do this well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...fice-uk-390421
    Not that surprised. I think James Bond targets a bigger audience segment than Harry Potter does.

New die hard is out in february!! :d

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to the cinema for ages. In fact, I don't think I've been this year. I think I'll have to correct that by going to see Argo.

ReputationRep:
    Watched Lawless. Is decent, in spite of Shia LaBeouf. Usually when someone gets considerable hate from people I'm sceptical as to how bad they really are, but this guy is basically a smug, charmless, yawning vacuum of ability, even if you divorce his performances from his crap, obviously cultivated 'bad boy' persona.

Otherwise: Tom Hardy's good (if a bit one-note) Guy Pearce's performance is excellent, and in terms of plot and whatnot it's entertaining enough, though nowhere near classic gangster films or The Proposition (the director's much, much better 2005 western).

ReputationRep:
    I watched Skyfall last night. Solid performances from Whishaw, Bardem and Finney (and Craig, naturally). Definitely in the top five of the franchise, though certainly not the best yet, as critics have been saying. Shame about that fat troglodyte Adele singing the intro. There's a song by Lana Del Rey off her new album which sounds very Bond-ish, though I can't quite remember the name of it. I would have much preferred that as the intro.

8.5/10

Wouldwatchagain/10

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.