Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    After The Queen and The Iron Lady it was only a matter of time. Wonder who will pay Diana? None of the big stars look anything like her. They'll probably go for Keira Knightley as token British actress... :/
    Why Keira Knightley? Plenty of other British actresses out there, and several that at least don't look as totally different (Kate Winslet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    After The Queen and The Iron Lady it was only a matter of time. Wonder who will pay Diana? None of the big stars look anything like her. They'll probably go for Keira Knightley as token British actress... :/
    It's Naomi Watts. Dunno if she's a brit or not but she is a good choice imo

Edit: Imdb info about it - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758595/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugo Rune)
    It's Naomi Watts. Dunno if she's a brit or not but she is a good choice imo
    Yea I thought of her as well, good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Yea I thought of her as well, good choice.
    :yep: It's directed by the bloke who did Downfall/der Untergang as well so fingers crossed it turns out good.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: It's directed by the bloke who did Downfall/der Untergang as well so fingers crossed it turns out good.
    Oh! That guy has done some great films, but also some not so good ones. I guess it depends on the screenplay, too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! That guy has done some great films, but also some not so good ones. I guess it depends on the screenplay, too.
    I've only seen Downfall.. Will make an effort to see more once Diana comes around probably

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity- Am I the only one who thought The Hobbit, The Avengers and Avatar were all terrible films?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh.wenham3)
    Out of curiosity- Am I the only one who thought The Hobbit, The Avengers and Avatar were all terrible films?
    I enjoyed the Hobbit and Avengers but HATED Avatar. I just couldn't connect with it at all.

It looked quite pretty though, and was my first Blu Ray experience so brought me round to the format.

ReputationRep:
    Not seen Avatar so can't comment on that. The Avengers was good I thought but probably an act too long. The Hobbit was terrible and is hideously overrated. What did you not like about each one?

ReputationRep:
    Hate Avatar, like The Hobbit, haven't seen The Avengers.

ReputationRep:
    Hate is a strong word but I didn't like Avatar. I liked The Hobbit and The Avengers though.

ReputationRep:
    Not seen Avatar so can't comment on that. The Avengers was good I thought but probably an act too long. The Hobbit was terrible and is hideously overrated. What did you not like about each one?
    I can appreciate Avatar, the effects were impressive but belonged in a video game, there was no story line. The Avengers, well, I thought was hideously Hollywood- I like my films with meaning and purpose, like Memento or The Great Dictator and the Hobbit, well it wasn't a bad film, it was just OK - the acting was mediocre, the special effects were terrible, and it was WAY too long! Les Mis is one of the largest books in the world and that managed to fit snuggly into one film, yet they managed to split the Hobbit- which is miniscule in size- into 3 equally long films?

I'm sorry if I sound like i'm ranting, i'm not that angry, just very very tired :P

ReputationRep:
    I can appreciate Avatar, the effects were impressive but belonged in a video game, there was no story line. The Avengers, well, I thought was hideously Hollywood- I like my films with meaning and purpose, like Memento or The Great Dictator and the Hobbit, well it wasn't a bad film, it was just OK - the acting was mediocre, the special effects were terrible, and it was WAY too long! Les Mis is one of the largest books in the world and that managed to fit snuggly into one film, yet they managed to split the Hobbit- which is miniscule in size- into 3 equally long films?

I'm sorry if I sound like i'm ranting, i'm not that angry, just very very tired :P
    Hmmm, can empathise with Avengers (kinda), but I don't go into a superhero flick looking for too much meaning. Agree completely on Hobbit - for something that relied so much on effects they were poor. And it was a bit of a marathon! Oh well, maybe the second and third parts will be better

ReputationRep:
    Hobbit - way too long not much going on, some funny scenes other than that nothing special

(mind you, I have been saying to everyone who would listen that LotR series is way overrated and to me The Hobbit isn't much different, I mean seriously how was it any different to Fellowship, they are in the Shire at the start, they set out for a quest and under duress reach Lothlorien and then go on again over some mountain and then there is a fight)

The Avengers - liked it, was a cool action film and whenever Iron Man was on there were some laughs (at least for me), was it that special, probably not, but it was entertaining

Avatar - bad story, but who cares, I saw it in 3D at the cinema and it was one of the best experiences ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    To whoever suggested Looper to me: :top:

I'm not really sure the scar thing would happen the way it did.

Also how did Sara know about Loopers? This may have been said in the film but I must have missed it.

Also, story got a bit transparent after a while. Still a good watch though.
    I curse the day you and your horrible gif started posting in this thread. Scares the **** out of me every time.

ReputationRep:
    I curse the day you and your horrible gif started posting in this thread. Scares the **** out of me every time.
    His avvy? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    His avvy? :lolwut:
    No the freak in his signature eating cream of his own body. Grosse.

ReputationRep:
    No the freak in his signature eating cream of his own body. Grosse.
    Ah I've had signatures turned off for a few of months now.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly agree about Avatar. And I strongly suspect you are right about the other two, although I haven't seen them (no intention of doing so either).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Here you go.

Sorry bbz.
    A-ha, seen that before. It's weird but it doesn't scare me.

I'm doing a module on American Film at my university this period. Should be somewhat interesting.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.