Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)

I seem him as very 'Cruise-ean' in his acting: he always plays Nicolas Cage, whatever the role, and I can't help but think 'it's Nicolas Cage' in every one of his roles (and I've seen the majority of his catalogue). I can never lose myself in one of his performances.

He was very much not your standard Cage character in Adaptation (though he was kind of a vehicle for Charlie Kaufman there). Terrific performance. Also a very good burnt out alcoholic in Leaving Las Vegas, and and weirdly compelling in Bringing Out The Dead. He got into a bunch of debt about ten years ago or so and has been acting in whatever pays ever since.

(Original post by aja89)
    Seeing Robot & Frank on Friday, hope I'm not disappointed.

That film looks ridiculous. It literally looks as though someone just thought 'what if Frank Langella was best buds with a robot' and didn't even have the creativity to alter the title that much from 'Frank Langella Is Best Buds With a Robot: The Movie'. I must see it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here love the movie Now is Good? I watched it the other day and cried so much!

Watched Vera Drake today. It was fantastic. Such effortlessly good direction. Imelda Staunton was astonishing. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Nic Cage is in Wesley Snipes level debt.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing Stoker tonight. Will blog about it later!

Watched Berberian Sound Studio today. It was certainly very original! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Seeing Stoker tonight. Will blog about it later!
    It's on my list. Let us know what you think

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Watched Berberian Sound Studio today. It was certainly very original! :lol:
    Isn't it just! One of my fave films of last year

ReputationRep:
    The prestige - Christian bale, Hugh jackman amazing film

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts on Stoker for anyone who is interested!

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...what-the-hell/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Nic Cage is in Wesley Snipes level debt.
    At least he's not in prison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myusername.)
    Anyone here love the movie Now is Good? I watched it the other day and cried so much!
    You should watch Keith and A Walk to Remember.

Hearing very good things about Side Effects. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Saw Robot & Frank tonight, my thoughts.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...-with-a-heart/

ReputationRep:
    I am in no way a Trekkie, but Into Darkness is my most anticipated film this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, any comedy film that you'd suggest?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain to me why Arbitrage got completely overlooked by the Oscars? It can't be timing, surely, as it was released in the USA in September?

It's really superb.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got round to watching Skyfall! It was enjoyable enough film but I don't think it was wroth the massive hype. Daniel Craig and Judi Dench were both great in their roles. Despite the bad guy being brilliant in No Country for Old Men, I think he suffered the same problem as Hardy as Bane. The stupid accent and the weird 'plan' just make them appear idiotic as opposed to menacing and a genuine threat.

ReputationRep:
    Also, had a nose operation today so I am off work for the week.Any recommendations?

Currently downloaded:-
    Silver Linings Playbook
    Life of Pi
    The Hobbit
    Lincoln
    Seven Psychopaths
    Zero Dark Thirty
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Les Mis

ReputationRep:
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm absolutely obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean.

I just can't get enough! Like the Matrix, Blade Runner and what not I can watch them again and again.

Apparently, last week in Amsterdam, I was absolutely high as a kite and my mate said I was swaggering like Jack all the way back to the hostel whilst singing pirate songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Also, had a nose operation today so I am off work for the week.Any recommendations?

Currently downloaded:-
    Silver Linings Playbook
    Life of Pi
    The Hobbit
    Lincoln
    Seven Psychopaths
    Zero Dark Thirty
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Les Mis
    Same! Although I've seen some of them.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.