Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On Saturday, I will be going to the cinemas. I cannot watch Evil Dead because I am not 18. The only other films that look good are Scary Movie 5 and Iron Man 3.

Which one would you say I should go to watch - Iron Man 3 or Scary Movie 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    On Saturday, I will be going to the cinemas. I cannot watch Evil Dead because I am not 18. The only other films that look good are Scary Movie 5 and Iron Man 3.

Which one would you say I should go to watch - Iron Man 3 or Scary Movie 5?
    Iron Man 3.

Like, duh!

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about Jack Reacher?

TV is full of cop/detective shows, it's like every other show is one. I thought it was nice to see something like this on the big screen, doesn't happen too often. I thought it was well done, there was enough suspense and even though you could guess what would come next quite a bit, it didn't feel negative, but rather that you were involved. And Reacher was a badass, I like badasses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    This looks so good, can't wait, a new trailer for Man of Steel and Star Trek today :coma:

:dice:

(Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Anyone ever seen Let Him Have It? I've seen Christopher Eccleston in a few things but he never really registered on my radar, until now. I believe this film was his first film role and he is all but flawless as Derek Bentley and Paul Reynolds also puts in a really good performance as Christopher Craig. It appears to be a beautifully photographed snapshot of 1950s Britain.
    :yep: Aye. Excellent film.

Yet another reason why it looks like Sta Wars won't ovetake Star Trek in my opinion. As a boy I preferred Star Wars but a few years ago I started watching some Star Trek and have since found it more and more awesome.

ReputationRep:
    So I finally watched Napoleon Dynamite - pretty funny, but not as hilarious as I had expected.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited to see White House Down - story line looks great, cast looks great.

(Original post by Deshi)
    This looks so good, can't wait, a new trailer for Man of Steel and Star Trek today :coma:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Olympus Has Fallen just came out and they have, like, the same storyline. :indiff: It's this year's The Raid/Dredd (set of twin films).
    :lol: I wasn't aware of this film. Oh my. They are pretty identical. Hollywood do like to recycle films which require very little creative integrity in order to make quick $$$.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Olympus Has Fallen just came out and they have, like, the same storyline. :indiff: It's this year's The Raid/Dredd (set of twin films).
    This years Paul Blart/Observe and Report.

ReputationRep:
    Watched Iron Man 3 today, major spoilers.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Felt more like the Avengers rather than what I've previously seen in Iron Man but I found it a bit better than IM1 and definitely much better than IM2. Quite dramatic but still a funny at the right times. Wasn't really expecting Tony to give up his suits and arc reactor but it does bring the trilogy to quite a nice close, for him and Pepper at least.

Man was I surprised with the Mandarin revelation. It was pretty funny but it was very disappointing. I wouldn't be surprised if IM comic-book readers get pissed because all he is in the film is a distraction for the real villain. It was a real shame, his short villainous TV spots were very promising till the reveal of the sham. Felt that they could have used more time to explain how the villains got their powers. Limb growth I can understand but never really got how they could melt metal or breath fire.

Apart from those two points it was very enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Is the Last Stand worth watching?

ReputationRep:
    Iron Man 3 was meh.

(Original post by cambo211)
    Iron Man 3 was meh.
    Why?

I was actually surprised. the trailer portrayed this dark theme but it was quite light hearted which I really liked. I was kind of hoping for the dark side of stark but it was awesome nonetheless. I enjoyed it especially Protocol House Party :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it very much when watching it, but looking back on it, it was just a bit all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    The Place Beyond Pine worth watching?

ReputationRep:
    Housemate and I are attempting to watch every Best Picture Academy Award winner or nominee that one or both of us hasn't seen. So far we have watched Shawshank (unbelievably she hadn't seen it), and last night we watched Winter's Bone which is really good but bleak as hell!

Next on the agenda is Shakespeare In Love because it is the first one we saw on her shelf. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    :lol: I wasn't aware of this film. Oh my. They are pretty identical. Hollywood do like to recycle films which require very little creative integrity in order to make quick $$$.
    And apparently it's rubbish (Olympus, that is)

(Original post by aja89)
    Housemate and I are attempting to watch every Best Picture Academy Award winner or nominee that one or both of us hasn't seen. So far we have watched Shawshank (unbelievably she hadn't seen it), and last night we watched Winter's Bone which is really good but bleak as hell!
    Wow! That sounds like some project! Going back how far?

Yes, Winter's Bone is superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato's Trousers)
    And apparently it's rubbish (Olympus, that is)

Wow! That sounds like some project! Going back how far?

Yes, Winter's Bone is superb.
    Going back all the way.

(Original post by aja89)

Next on the agenda is Shakespeare In Love because it is the first one we saw on her shelf. :cool:
    Winter's Bone is excellent. :yep:

Re-watched My Left Foot today, also really good. :yep: Emotional stuff. Daniel Day-Lewis is mesmerising and Brenda Fricker is great as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Going back all the way.
    You do realise the Oscars started in 1929...? That's a hell of a lot of films.

Just saw Rebellion. Stunningly good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Does anyone know if The Eagle is supposed to be any good?
    I watched it 3 times going to the states last year on the plane, my God; if you like bland, emotionless and frankly dank story lines, this is a good film.

I have to admit, the scene with the savage child was chilling, but overall, bit weak. The pace was slow, the relationship felt artificial and wrong, the chemistry wasn't right, I don't know how to put it. Think of your question as some milk left in the fridge and you're wondering whether it's still good. From my point of view, no; but you may have a stronger stomach for it.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.