The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madjackismad
Also, is the 3DS as good as it's made out to be? I've yet to try one in a shop.

I love it but the games out for it at the moment are sub-par.

People are complaining of headaches but these will be the people who have it set to max brightness and the 3d set to the highest level.
Did you read Guts? :holmes:

I will do tonight, promise! I'm not very good with short stories, but I'll make an exception for Palahniuk. :love:

Incidentally have you read Snuff? It's pretty great, and there seems to be a bit of momentum behind it towards a cinematic transition (with Daryl Hannah as the lead).

Original post by lukejoshjedi
yep, seen a few of its' TV adverts too. Reaction everytime: :indiff: Meh and also, dumb title - haven't heard too many good things about it but I may watch it and judge for myself

Yeah, it's a pretty awful title but I think there's so much potential in that trailer. I turned down free tickets for it yesterday to go and see Sucker Punch instead and from the trailer before the film I've been kicking myself. There was also a trailer for Dum Maaro Dum, which I'd never heard of before, which also looks like it's pretty sweet:

Original post by Phalanges
I will do tonight, promise! I'm not very good with short stories, but I'll make an exception for Palahniuk. :love:

Incidentally have you read Snuff? It's pretty great, and there seems to be a bit of momentum behind it towards a cinematic transition (with Daryl Hannah as the lead).

Nope, I've only read Fight Club. :p: I'm going to read Survivor next, I think. Maybe Invisible Monsters as well.
Has anyone seen Submarine? I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but you guys might have discussed it whilst I was away... I want to know what people think of it! A couple of my friends really liked it, and one has even seen it twice.

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. I'm pretty sure there's no chance at all of it coming out in Russia, so I'm going to have to wait until June or July to see it. Weep.

Nope, I've only read Fight Club. :p: I'm going to read Survivor next, I think. Maybe Invisible Monsters as well.

Ooh yeah, definitely Survivor, that's amazing.

Lullaby is really well written as well. In fact, I can't think of any that I wouldn't recommend. If you've enjoyed one then chances are you'll like them all.
Original post by mimimimi
Has anyone seen Submarine? I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but you guys might have discussed it whilst I was away... I want to know what people think of it! A couple of my friends really liked it, and one has even seen it twice.

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. I'm pretty sure there's no chance at all of it coming out in Russia, so I'm going to have to wait until June or July to see it. Weep.

Seems like one of those quirky, indie films that will drive hipsters to see it in spates and then make them proclaim that it's the best movie of all time. I might be a bit too cynical though. :p:
Original post by Christien
I used to have like 14k posts on a SW forum :colondollar: And I wasn't even in the upper echelons of SW nerds. Have faith, Serenity will be beaten.

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Is that even a viable question :indiff: well I guess it could be, but that's so onesided imo that it's laughable

I'm done with this. :cry:

So far

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 44.2% (9,760 votes)
Serenity 55.8% (12,323 votes)

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 867
****ing fanboys. Anyone else up for boycotting The Avengers out of spite?
Avengers is going to get absolutely **** on anyway by Batman, Superman and Spiderman, and if there is ever a poll for best superhero film, we already know who will win.

Avengers. :colonhash:
Reply 869
Probably. If there's one thing Joss Whedon can do, it's cultivate a fanbase. This is ridiculous, though. His stuff's quite good, but good enough to defeat one of, if not *the* largest fanboy community on the planet? God help us. :facepalm2:
Probably. If there's one thing Joss Whedon can do, it's cultivate a fanbase. This is ridiculous, though. His stuff's quite good, but good enough to defeat one of, if not *the* largest fanboy community on the planet? God help us. :facepalm2:

I disapprove of the disappearance of your James Joyce avatar :colonhash:
Reply 871
I disapprove of the disappearance of your James Joyce avatar :colonhash:

I'll bring him back eventually. Possibly with his cool hat. :holmes:
Off to see Source Code :teeth:

He would've made Zoolander look feeble.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm done with this. :cry:

So far

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 44.2% (9,760 votes)
Serenity 55.8% (12,323 votes)

Spoiler

Oh, Christ.

****ing fanboys. Anyone else up for boycotting The Avengers out of spite?

Yeah, ****ing Joss Whedon. I'm definitely not in the middle of my second run-through of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I'm definitely not going to this in October.
Reply 875

He would've made Zoolander look feeble.

The only man who could pull off specs, an eyepatch and a bowtie at the same time :moon:
Reply 876
I want to be a kid again, was watching Tom and Jerry Movie :sigh:

I'm going to watch Source Code tomorrow :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
The only man who could pull off specs, an eyepatch and a bowtie at the same time :moon:

Doing his best John Cleese impression:

Reply 878
Original post by Phalanges

When I read Guts my face was like :eek::eek4::eek2::eek3:. All the Palahnuik books I've read made be cringe a bit.

My parents say I'm probably the only person who has read the book of Fight Club but not seen the film.
Reply 879
Is "Y Tu Mama Tambien" really any good? I know it got good reviews but I'm not sure whether to see it or not.

Quick Reply

Latest