Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Watching 50 Shades with a cinema full of people would be nothing short of mortifying. (I'll wait for the DVD. :sexface:)
    I can't believe they made a movie out of that unbelievably awful book. I got a few chapters in and gave up. The writing is beyond inept, the characters absurdly cliched and the whole thing was just utter rubbish. Far from being erotic, it was laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato's Trousers)
    I can't believe they made a movie out of that unbelievably awful book. I got a few chapters in and gave up. The writing is beyond inept, the characters absurdly cliched and the whole thing was just utter rubbish.
    I haven't even attempted the first page. Would be curious to see the film though, much less wasted time than reading 300 or so pages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I haven't even attempted the first page. Would be curious to see the film though, much less wasted time than reading 300 or so pages!
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...shades-of-grey

Read the first review, it's hilarious.

One of my favourite lines from the review:

"Oh, or we could talk about her first time giving Christian a blowjob, during which Ana established herself as some kind of Queen of **********." :rofl2: And the gif to go with it :lol:

I like Charlie Hunnam as an actor as well

ReputationRep:
    There needs to be some rule where every review of an awful product has some gifs attached, preferably of Jack Nicholson giving the finger 50 Shades reviews are better than the book itself :rofl:

Is it just me or are there less good films on Sky Movies these days? They just seem to be re-doing the same 'meh' films a lot this year, whihc admittedly, aint that different, but they usually shove one random gem in there ever so often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    There needs to be some rule where every review of an awful product has some gifs attached, preferably of Jack Nicholson giving the finger 50 Shades reviews are better than the book itself :rofl:

Is it just me or are there less good films on Sky Movies these days? They just seem to be re-doing the same 'meh' films a lot this year, whihc admittedly, aint that different, but they usually shove one random gem in there ever so often.
    That's why I stopped Sky Movies - there was only ever one or two films a week that I wanted to watch. I was better off just trying to source the films myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    I know right :rofl:

They make a hilarious review even more hilarious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Crank 2 will always hold a ridiculous place in my heart. Rewatched it last night. Bat**** insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Crank 2 will always hold a ridiculous place in my heart. Rewatched it last night. Bat**** insane.
    Amy Smart :love:

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to this. I loooove martial arts movies and this is Keanu Reeves' directorial debut

Man of Tai Chi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Looking forward to this. I loooove martial arts movies and this is Keanu Reeves' directorial debut

Man of Tai Chi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Man of Tai Chi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to watch The Spirit of Jeet Kune Do! Some great scenes in it, the final scene is soo good. If you cba watching it I've posted it below, love it.

Watched this film a few days ago as well, the fight scenes are decent but the film itself is pretty average

ReputationRep:
    Watched 'The Iceman' earlier and was very disappointed. Michael Shannon is excellent but on the whole it really fails to deliver. The film tells a really tame story and doesn't offer a true reflection of how dark, brutal and twisted Kuklinski was in real life.

Also saw 'A Hijacking' recently and was quite impressed. Danish film about a cargo ship that is taken over and held at ransom by Somali pirates and the negations that follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Also saw 'A Hijacking' recently and was quite impressed. Danish film about a cargo ship that is taken over and held at ransom by Somali pirates and the negations that follow.
    Yes, very good film.

ReputationRep:
    Fast and Furious 6 has some of the most ridiculous scenes I have ever seen, but I love it.

Vin Diesel actually got into half decent shape for this one, bulked up quite a bit but The Rock still made him look small :p:

Jason Statham as the main baddie in the next one, buzzing :coma:

Setting up a uni film club, dooba, dooba :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You need to watch The Spirit of Jeet Kune Do! Some great scenes in it, the final scene is soo good. If you cba watching it I've posted it below, love it.

Watched this film a few days ago as well, the fight scenes are decent but the film itself is pretty average

I never actually got around to Once Upon a Time in High School. Everyone I know that saw it was disappointed but I have seen that fight scene. I'll watch it.

I just downloaded the 36th Chamber of Shaolin. I think I saw it as a kid but want to watch it properly again as it's rated as one of the best and most influential martial arts movies made.

My favourites are Ip Man, Fong Sai Yuk 1 &2 (Jet Li), Fist of Legend, Police Story, Enter the Dragon, Kill Bill, Iron Monkey...actually the list is quite long. I couldn't possibly name a favourite fight scene. On the one hand you have visceral, bone crunching fight scenes in Ip Man against the 10 men, on the other hand you have iconic scenes like Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Setting up a uni film club, dooba, dooba :jive:
    You should watch Fight Club first, you know make sure people know how serious it is. Then Battle Royale to understand the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You should watch Fight Club first, you know make sure people know how serious it is. Then Battle Royale to understand the consequences.
    :rofl: And then do a latter day Carry On... film, that way they suffer through the worst of it first. And then show them Manos: The Hands of Fate to show them that no, their suffering will indeed be limitless during the stay in your club and their time in education will be full of misery, pain, bad special effects and untold existential horrors... Or just show them My Neighbour Totoro.

ReputationRep:
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy :coma:

Channel 4. NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy :coma:

Channel 4. NOW.
    May have to try and catch the repeat later :ninja: My only concern is I love the mini-series so much that i'll just keeping negatively comparing them both and complain about all the things they cut.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.