Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    It's a small story done on a big scale. I think Kermode described it as a B movie. In that sense I thought it accomplished everything it wanted to. I can't rate it on a number scale, but it has stayed with me due to the amazing visuals and outstanding sound. This movie was more of an experience than anything.

Best space movie? Nah. Even something like Sunshine had my attention more than this. However, space has never looked so good as it does in Gravity. It's groundbreaking.

Sent from my HTC One
    Yeah it was a good experience; the 3D really was well done. I did like the sound too, and the lack of it (when the airlock was opened in the Soyuz).
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Hm, I figured. There was so much hype about the visuals but little mention of the storyline. I questioned whether the movie would receive the same acclamation if the expensive visuals and big-name actors were absent.
    Definitely. People praised the visuals but there wasn't much talk of the script. Yes, I doubt it would've. To be honest, I've never liked Clooney and didn't think he added much to the film. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Tom Hardy and Emilia Clarke tipped for lead roles in Terminator 5
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...5-8933365.html

This sounds like a terrible idea. What is Tom Hardy doing. And Arnold, T2 ended in a different era. Let it rest

Sent from my HTC One

ReputationRep:
    Is is worth seeing Gravity in 3D? I generally try to avoid it but want to see the film on a large screen, and the only cinema near me showing it in 2D is a small independent place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Is is worth seeing Gravity in 3D? I generally try to avoid it but want to see the film on a large screen, and the only cinema near me showing it in 2D is a small independent place.
    Oh most definitely it is. I avoid 3D usually and agree with the good Dr that it is generally an unnecessary gimmick. But this film is an exception. The whole thing is about creating the illusion of 3D space. The 3D is essential, as is a big screen. You need to feel enveloped by space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato's Trousers)
    Oh most definitely it is. I avoid 3D usually and agree with the good Dr that it is generally an unnecessary gimmick. But this film is an exception. The whole thing is about creating the illusion of 3D space. The 3D is essential, as is a big screen. You need to feel enveloped by space.
    That's settled then, here's to 90 minutes of uncomfortable glasses on glasses action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    That's settled then, here's to 90 minutes of uncomfortable glasses on glasses action.
    you'll not regret it. I saw it in IMAX 3D and am going again already!

(but I am just a big kid) :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I was also known as "6 eyes" for the duration of the film, but it wasn't too bad. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the heads up I was just going to see this in normal, but will do 3D now. Too bad I don't live in London anymore, could have gone to the Waterloo IMAX.

ReputationRep:
    you'll not regret it. I saw it in IMAX 3D and am going again already!

(but I am just a big kid) :sadnod:
    I'm tempted to go again in a couple of weeks too when the crowds die down. I won't be able to recreate the spectacle at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I'm tempted to go again in a couple of weeks too when the crowds die down. I won't be able to recreate the spectacle at home.
    I was thinking...of all the films to see on a plane, this would be the worst possible one!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking...of all the films to see on a plane, this would be the worst possible one!
    Flight? Alive?

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's the one where the survivors eat each other to stay alive...then you learn it's based on true events!

But yeah I understand you meant in terms of a tiny screen and awful audio :P

Sent from my HTC One

ReputationRep:
    I'm also probably gonna go back to see Gravity again in a couple of weeks. Pretty much just to see the Northern Lights-shot again.

ReputationRep:
    Gravity. Last night. Wow.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...terpiece-2013/

ReputationRep:
    I told you. :-)

:yep:

ReputationRep:

Looks like it could be good, wasn't sure about it when it was announced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Meh. I trust Aronofsky, who has made some stunningly jarring movies in his time, to deliver a good job, but the trailer has a "2012 in biblical times" feel to it and also has some classic trailer clichés ("... and you stand alone and defy me?" - dramatic pause - "I'm not alone."). That being said, I look forward to seeing it on the big screen, should be spectacular if nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

I'm still not at all sure about it but will see on the basis on some of Aronofsky's previous.

ReputationRep:
    God I hate these monumental films. Looks dreadfully pretentious.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Aronofsky is a hugely unreliable director. Black Swan was absolutely brilliant and easily the best film of 2011. But some of his films are infuriatingly pretentious and almost unwatchable.

I shall probably give it a go, though, as he is never boring!

(Original post by Deshi)

I saw the trailer for this yesterday, and I have to say it looks pretty bad to me. :erm:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.