Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Prandtl)
    Long Walk to Freedom is going to kill it at the box office.
    Wouldn't be too surprised if it even got a couple of Oscar nominations now, despite the poor reviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Wow, The Amazing Spiderman 2 looks so pretentious.
    I know right. I thought I was the only one. I also didn't like the first one.

Pompeii looks like my kind of film.

Love volcano films (not enough of these - Volcano is awesome), and one of my favoruite genres are probably the sword and sandal types. Jon Snow representing.

Don't mind the look of the new 300 film either, though I don't like the main guy, he's annoying in Strike Back and I just cannot picture him in this type of role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I know right. I thought I was the only one. I also didn't like the first one.

Pompeii looks like my kind of film.

Love volcano films (not enough of these - Volcano is awesome), and one of my favoruite genres are probably the sword and sandal types. Jon Snow representing.

Don't mind the look of the new 300 film either, though I don't like the main guy, he's annoying in Strike Back and I just cannot picture him in this type of role.
    I actually like the first one it was good, and I love Emma Stone, think she is a fantastic person. But I might not even watch this one.

Her looks very thought-provoking. I have a feeling Joanquin Phoenix's performance will be truly something special :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close :'O!!!! and Blue Is The Warmest Colour :'O!!!!

(Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Her looks very thought-provoking. I have a feeling Joanquin Phoenix's performance will be truly something special :yep:
    Been looking forward to that all through this year, I'm very pleased it's getting such good initial reviews. Speaking of which, I also need to get round to watching Where the Wild Things Are.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any obscure or underrated horror films? Preferably Japanese or Korean ones.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Want to watch!

Looks hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Tis the season! My top ten Christmas films.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...istmas-movies/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)

Oh wow! I basically only watch Little Lord Fauntleroy for christmas

ReputationRep:

(Original post by cambo211)
    That's a really sweet video! 2013 has been a pretty successful year for film. Bring on 2014!

ReputationRep:

:O must watch

Casey Affleck is a great actor, very underrated imo along with Sam Rockwell

:O must watch

Casey Affleck is a great actor, very underrated imo along with Sam Rockwell
    Siblings who are very good at acting are somethings overshadowed by their famous sibling(s). Elizabeth Olsen and Johnathan Firth are also good examples. It happens.

I've only seen Sam Rockwell perform in Green Mile and he was ridiculously good in it. It seems he's just exceptionally good at playing psychopaths, which reminds me, I need to watch Seven Psychopaths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Siblings who are very good at acting are somethings overshadowed by their famous sibling(s). Elizabeth Olsen and Johnathan Firth are also good examples. It happens.

I've only seen Sam Rockwell perform in Green Mile and he was ridiculously good in it. It seems he's just exceptionally good at playing psychopaths, which reminds me, I need to watch Seven Psychopaths
    He just gets into every role so well. Moon he plays this guy who is up in Space and it affects him psychologically and he is brilliant in it. In The Way Way Back he plays this typical slacker/loser but nice guy and befriends a young boy - again he really makes you believe in his character.

He just gets into every role so well. Moon he plays this guy who is up in Space and it affects him psychologically and he is brilliant in it. In The Way Way Back he plays this typical slacker/loser but nice guy and befriends a young boy - again he really makes you believe in his character.
    Wow, he sounds awesome. I'll watch both those films :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know where else to post the so I'm doing it here. These sound awesome. Randomly came across her and her takes on some of the soundtracks are great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)

Not a bad list. I was disappointed that A Christmas Story wasn't on there, though.

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from watching The Hobbit; surprisingly good, maybe on par with Return of The King

9/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.