Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhav777)
    It's the same show as Film 2013/Film 2012...
    Nah those shows had films from ages past

I like it anyway seems to give fair reviews, but honestly I just check up on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes for forthcoming flicks.

There seems to be a lot of pre-hype for Steve Carell in Fox Catcher. Anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Also the BAFTAs are far too British lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Also the BAFTAs are far too British lol.
    And should they not be? It is a British organization. The Oscars are far too Hollywood for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    And should they not be? It is a British organization. The Oscars are far too Hollywood for that matter.
    Fair comment but still..

ReputationRep:
    So I just watched Like Stars on Earth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986264/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It is an Indian film about a boy who has dyslexia and is shunned by everyone, labelled as stupid and lazy, until one art teacher realizes it and sets out to help him. The little kids acting is amazing, the story is so beautiful I cried at parts. Would urge people to watch it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    So I just watched Like Stars on Earth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986264/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It is an Indian film about a boy who has dyslexia and is shunned by everyone, labelled as stupid and lazy, until one art teacher realizes it and sets out to help him. The little kids acting is amazing, the story is so beautiful I cried at parts. Would urge people to watch it!
    Looks good, might check it out. Thanks for recommending it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else wonder why there are mistakes in some films? Do the directors leave them in there on purpose, or are they genuine accidents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glare)
    Does anyone else wonder why there are mistakes in some films? Do the directors leave them in there on purpose, or are they genuine accidents?
    Interesting question. I love those youtube videos of movie errors.

I think they are mostly just accidents. There might be easter eggs here and there, but the majority is probably just oversight. And I think even if noticed they are left in there because well you can't shoot every scene again just because some minor continuity error.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to a special screening of Black Angel on Friday. For those who don't know it is the short film which was played before Empire Strikes Back in 1980 and was thought to have been lost forever until it was recently rediscovered. There is a Q and A with the writer/director Roger Christian afterwards. Christian was Art director for the original Star Wars films and Alien and has also written/directed several short and feature length films including The Sender and Nostradamus.

He also directed Battlefield Earth which is considered one of the worst films ever made, but apart from that he has had nothing but praise.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_C...an_(filmmaker)

I have a couple of questions in mind but was wondering if anyone could think of any interesting questions I could ask him?

ReputationRep:
    I'm now down to 74 films on my "to see" list :/ lol

ReputationRep:
    So so so disappointed by The Book Thief.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...ok-thief-2013/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone love 'Cavatina', the theme from The Deer Hunter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    So so so disappointed by The Book Thief.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/...ok-thief-2013/
    How disappointing!

(I'm following your blog btw :mmm:)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else seen Chinatown? I think it's slid quite nicely in to my list of top films, it's been a while since a film's had me thinking so much afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Ain't no party like a 1AM Oscar party tonight! :awesome: So much caffeine and wine has been consumed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Anyone else seen Chinatown? I think it's slid quite nicely in to my list of top films, it's been a while since a film's had me thinking so much afterwards!
    Chinatown's excellent. Certainly in my top 10 or 20.

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind.

I'll have to watch 20 Feet from Stardom, but I'm finding it very hard to believe that The Act of Killing wasn't the best documentary (and probably the best film) released this year.

ReputationRep:
    Catching up on the Oscars results and happenings from last night (no awards for American Hustle which is a result!!) and see the headline that Alain Resnais has died. 91 years but still RIP. Only seen a couple of his films but Hiroshima, mon amour is an absolute gem.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to correctly guess most of the Oscar's results with ever seeing any of the films nominated :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.