Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

(Original post by elisabethbridge)
    It's all over the internet, JGL and Cotillard have finally officially been cast:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/1...gordon-levitt/

The wait's over. Finally. I was getting a bit bored of the constant speculation and guessing. Apart from having seen both of Nolan's Batmans, I'm not that familiar with the Batman universe, so what are everyone's thoughts?
    Speculation way off then. A lot of people, myself included thought it would be Talia and Alberto Falcone.

(Original post by 419)
    subscribing.
    Welcome to the thread.

(Original post by Lewroll)
    Saw Source Code today. Great movie, but a disappointing ending imo
    Too much of a happy ending, or because it didn't truly obey the rules it had set down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

What do you think? Meh or okay?
    It took me about 30 seconds before I realised that trailer wasn't in english. I must be very very tired -_-

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it in english myself:

I can't believe. :facepalm2:

Fixed. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I agree. The actor from Get Smart was in Office US? Haven't watched the series.
    :eyeball:

I didn't mention the American Office but yes, Steve Carrell is the Trans-Atlantic Ricky Gervais.

I'll reply to the rest of the post in a minute, but this is an important question: you do know who Steve Carrell is, right? Beyond being an actor from the American Office.

If you don't, I demand you be ousted from the leadership of this society and put underneath the guillotine! :mob:

Or, failing that, you watch The 40 Year Old Virgin. Right now. :fuhrer:

Did that horror poster in the film forum just miss the two glaringly obvious threads that match the thread he just created? People. :facepalm2:

(Original post by zjs)
    :eyeball:

I didn't mention the American Office but yes, Steve Carrell is the Trans-Atlantic Ricky Gervais.

I'll reply to the rest of the post in a minute, but this is an important question: you do know who Steve Carrell is, right? Beyond being an actor from the American Office.

If you don't, I demand you be ousted from the leadership of this society and put underneath the guillotine! :mob:

Or, failing that, you watch The 40 Year Old Virgin. Right now. :fuhrer:
    It was more of a rhetorical question than me questioning something you mentioned.

Yup, of course I do know who he is, man. :ninja: Bruce Almighty (minor role) then the awful sequel, Little Miss Sunshine, Knocked Up (gets interviewed I think) and the 40 Year Old Virgin. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    So I finally saw taxi driver the other day..Great film!

I now know where that line comes from...

"You talking to me?!"

ReputationRep:
    It was more of a rhetorical question than me questioning something you mentioned.

*quick search of imdb*

Yup, of course I do know who he is, man. :ninja: Bruce Almighty (minor role) then the awful sequel, Little Miss Sunshine, Knocked Up (gets interviewed I think) and the 40 Year Old Virgin. :yep:
    I don't remember his cameo in Bruce Almighty. You're forgetting an important role there too: Brick the weatherman in Anchorman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    I don't remember his cameo in Bruce Almighty. You're forgetting an important role there too: Brick the weatherman in Anchorman.
    It wasn't a cameo, he was the news reporter who got promoted to anchor instead of Bruce :yep:

ReputationRep:
    At least you've been making the most of your time. My main gripe with the whole subject is that it's so broad and overreaching. I want more Black letter law.

Yup, Phalanges is still around. Regularly posting, writing reviews and moderating Entertainment (you may have missed) - could there be anyone more suitable? Oh and yeah, he's stopped hyping up films to the point of extreme fanboy anticipation following the severe depression he suffered when it didn't turn out all that amazing. You know of what I speak ... Tron: Legacy. :ninja: :awesome:

I enjoy the philosophy aspect more than the black letter law, tbh. :yep:

:rofl2: I'm not entirely surprised that Tron turned out to be awful, but I am incredibly amused. :teehee:

Doesn't look particularly good. :no:

On another note - saw N.E.Ds yesterday. Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    It wasn't a cameo, he was the news reporter who got promoted to anchor instead of Bruce :yep:
    Knew I'd get called up on that. :grumble:

I do - vaguely - recall that scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    Knew I'd get called up on that. :grumble:

I do - vaguely - recall that scene.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap. Insidious trailer just came on the TV and I'm home alone. :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Scream 4 has an absolutely brilliant opening gag, and then falls back into same-old, same-old for the rest of it's runtime. And it makes way less jokes than the original films, coming perilously close to being exactly like the thing they originally set out to satirise. Still, if you like the Scream films there's probably something you'll enjoy here.

(Original post by zjs)
    Old man Phalanges still lurking around these parts?
    While there are those who still speak his name, a man is never gone. Good to see you back.

(Original post by aja89)
    Holy crap. Insidious trailer just came on the TV and I'm home alone. :shock:
    It seems to have Darth Maul looming in the background at one point. I refuse to find it anything other than laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    While there are those who still speak his name, a man is never gone. Good to see you back.
    Not sure how long I'll be around - given that I'm mainly procrastinating and putting off revision. I'll probably post a bit though.

At the minute I'm trawling through the UK politics page, and finding plenty of the usual ungrounded bilge and right wing rubbish. :sigh:

(Original post by zjs)
    Never watched Anchorman. :awesome: Going to give it a watch tomorrow when I've had enough of Rawls :yep:

(Original post by zjs)
    I enjoy the philosophy aspect more than the black letter law, tbh. :yep:
    Out of interest, who and what theories have you covered in your course? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Never watched Anchorman. :awesome: Going to give it a watch tomorrow when I've had enough of Rawls :yep:

Out of interest, who and what theories have you covered in your course? :holmes:
    :erm:

Please abdicate your position in the society for a true film fanatic. :ta:

I'm writing an essay on legal responsibility - discussion of the Eichmann trial etc.

Mainly covered things like normativism, radicalism, anarchism etc and H.L.A Hart's 'Concept of Law'. I couldn't honestly tell you everything we've covered, as I've yet to get round to it all. :K:

When do your exams start?

Just finished re-watching Fantastic Mr Fox. Truly excellent animation.

(Original post by zjs)
    :erm:

Please abdicate your position in the society for a true film fanatic. :ta:

I'm writing an essay on legal responsibility - discussion of the Eichmann trial etc.

Mainly covered things like normativism, radicalism, anarchism etc and H.L.A Hart's 'Concept of Law'. I couldn't honestly tell you everything we've covered, as I've yet to get round to it all. :K:

When do your exams start?
    :ashamed:

Wish we covered Anarchism. Instead we get to talk about whether a judge's breakfast affected his judgment. Exams start 6th (other dates being 12th and 18th). How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished re-watching Fantastic Mr Fox. Truly excellent animation.

:ashamed:

Wish we covered Anarchism. Instead we get to talk about whether a judge's breakfast affected his judgment. Exams start 6th (other dates being 12th and 18th). How about you?
    Start on the 17th but 17th/18th/24th/25th/26th :nopity:

In terms of Fantastic Mr Fox:

...From 2:59 'til about 3:15 is what that film did to Roald Dahl's book, in my mind.

(Original post by zjs)
    In terms of Fantastic Mr Fox:

...From 2:59 'til about 3:15 is what that film did to Roald Dahl's book, in my mind.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It did butcher the book in some respects, went in strange directions that I don't recall ever being in the book (tail rescue missions and cousins :erm:) - but the animation is excellent, as is the voice acting.

Time for bed. :moon:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.