Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II Watch

Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was walking past one of those cheap magazine market stalls earlier and I bought an old copy of DVD review out of curiosity because it came with a guide to Avatar's Pandora for a quid. I expected it to be this hackily-written thing that just regurgitated the movie but it's really not. It's about 200 pages, written by the academics that informed the film with assistance from Landau and Cameron, on loads of different aspects from the environment to flora and animals, and the detail on all of the stuff is just staggering (most of which was never even seen in the film, or only for a couple of seconds without being expanded on). Seriously impressive, for a quid at least.
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Operation redecorate bedroom has begun, eventually the whole wall will be like that. Don't be judging my film taste.

gingerrama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It looks good, what's the one to the left of Hocus Pocus? :holmes:
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie with Maggie Smith. :holmes:
Christien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Titanic? The Runaways? Mediocre Ellen Page vehicle Whip It, ffs? The rest is good, or at least understandable. :holmes:
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Titanic 2, caught a bit of that... they changed it a bit, but it was dumb :indiff:
channy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
Care to expand on that?
Well...firstly have a look at all the variety they show at cinemas.
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aja89)
Operation redecorate bedroom has begun, eventually the whole wall will be like that. Don't be judging my film taste.

Hocus Pocus wooo!! I love that film

I put a spell on youuu, and now you're gone (8)
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Christien)
Titanic? The Runaways? Mediocre Ellen Page vehicle Whip It, ffs? The rest is good, or at least understandable. :holmes:
Oi you, I likes what I likes. :cool:
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Aj's wall is pretty cool I haven't seen Whip it, been thinking about watching that for a while now

This 'Dylan Dog' film has got me interested, sounds good and Brandon Routh, is awesome
Stray_talk
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
I was walking past one of those cheap magazine market stalls earlier and I bought an old copy of DVD review out of curiosity because it came with a guide to Avatar's Pandora for a quid. I expected it to be this hackily-written thing that just regurgitated the movie but it's really not. It's about 200 pages, written by the academics that informed the film with assistance from Landau and Cameron, on loads of different aspects from the environment to flora and animals, and the detail on all of the stuff is just staggering (most of which was never even seen in the film, or only for a couple of seconds without being expanded on). Seriously impressive, for a quid at least.
What was the magazine?
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I laughed so much more in a romantic comedy with Russell Brand in it than I did at Scream 4. What a tragedy.

(Original post by Stray_talk)
What was the magazine?
It's the January edition of a magazine called DVD and Blu Ray review, with a picture of the Expendables on the front.

This is a sample of the book: http://www.harpercollins.com/browsei...=9780061896750
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which creative genius came up with Unobtainium
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SteveCrain)
Which creative genius came up with Unobtainium
Either people working at NASA or the US Air Force in the late 50s.

It's a fairly well known term, unless you're the kind of person who thinks that JK Rowling invented the Philosopher's Stone.
Ape Gone Insane
unless you're the kind of person who thinks that JK Rowling invented the Philosopher's Stone.
Don't be silly.

Spoiler:
Show
Nicolas Flamel did. :pierre:
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Retro.spex)
x
(Original post by loling909)
x
(Original post by Michelle_87)
x
Welcome to the chat thread.

(Original post by Hedger)
On another note, it seems I'll be seeing yet another sequel this week. Fast and the Furious FIVE. Some serious Vin Diesel action tomorrow.
And welcome to you too, officially.

I'm quite looking forward to Fast and Furious 5. Not because it's going to be a masterpiece, but just some good entertainment. :yep:

With Jordana Brewster
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I actually lol'd.
loling909
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Welcome to the chat thread.

And welcome to you too, officially.

I'm quite looking forward to Fast and Furious 5. Not because it's going to be a masterpiece, but just some good entertainment. :yep:

With Jordana Brewster
Hi there :hi:

Yeah I was saying Scream and SAW need to up in your list :sexface:
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anyone played Portal 2? There's a Super 8 (as in the film) level that's pretty cool. It's called an interactive trailer and it doesn't last long but I'm sure it's full of hints about the film if you look close enough.
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Either people working at NASA or the US Air Force in the late 50s.
And you knew this without googling?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (231)
92.03%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (20)
7.97%

Watched Threads