Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Downloading... :teeth:

:naughty:
Original post by MizzCupcakes
:naughty:

It's a podcast, that's what you do. :tongue:
A better system, in my opinion, would be star ratings or a simple "Recommend a purchase/Worth a rent/Do not recommend" system.

That sounds pretty good to me, if I was setting up a magazine I'd probably aim for something like that.

Not all them are objective. But they do have to cover certain parts like graphics and storyline (if that's what you mean).

I really don't get why a lot of game reviews break down into sections. Could you imagine if someone reviewed a film by isolatedly talking about the story, the acting, the cinematography etc.?

I have. I think I even mentioned it to you a while back. :tongue: Well, the Zero Punctuation aspect, I don't know whether you're actually a fan of that. Whilst it doesn't go into 'themes' too much, I love ZP purely for wit and satire.

I watch him from time to time, he can be pretty funny.

Ah, bugs. There have probably been countless patches ironing out the problems. Still, bugs are sometimes fun. :ninja:

The only decent bug is the one in Oblivion where some designer forgot to put gravity on paintbrushes. The absurdity of that sentence is just awesome.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I saw SCRE4M earlier tonight - I thought it was really good! I'm not into slashers generally but I do have a soft spot for the Scream series :love:

Yeah for a mindless slasher, t'was ok, they were creative at the end for sure but I still thought it could have been better. It's weird thinking of the whole franchise - 15 years and 4 movies... crazy

and Phalanges yeah I agree with your verdict on scre4m, I thought certain actors were slightly wasted in roles too (shenae Grimes, Britt Robertson)

Also, I may complain about sequels and re-hashes in franchises but I can't wait for Final Destination 5 in August
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Yeah for a mindless slasher, t'was ok, they were creative at the end for sure but I still thought it could have been better. It's weird thinking of the whole franchise - 15 years and 4 movies... crazy

and Phalanges yeah I agree with your verdict on scre4m, I thought certain actors were slightly wasted in roles too (shenae Grimes, Britt Robertson)

Also, I may complain about sequels and re-hashes in franchises but I can't wait for Final Destination 5 in August

I don't think it was mindless - I loved the taking-the-piss-out-of-and-parodying-the-genre thing even more this time! And Final Destination? Really? lol
I don't think it was mindless - I loved the taking-the-piss-out-of-and-parodying-the-genre thing even more this time! And Final Destination? Really? lol

yeah faire nough, the Stabathon thing at the start xD Emma Roberts was pretty good in her role too, thought she pulled it off fairly well

Yess I'm a pretty big FD fan actually, so you don't like it :tongue: yeah the Fourth one wasn't that great, surprised when I heard there would be a 5th
Original post by lukejoshjedi
yeah faire nough, the Stabathon thing at the start xD Emma Roberts was pretty good in her role too, thought she pulled it off fairly well

Yess I'm a pretty big FD fan actually, so you don't like it :tongue: yeah the Fourth one wasn't that great, surprised when I heard there would be a 5th

I've seen (and own...) the first 3 and I like them but they're a bit too samey and ridiculous for me sometimes...and when I try to rewatch number 1 at least it feels like it takes SO long to get into it that meh :tongue:
Reply 1688
Just saw Thor in £D, it was good. A bit too traditional though tbh, dammit Kenneth Branagh!!

Edit: I meant '3D' but £D seems suitable!
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh yes

Annual trip to the arthouse
Original post by Mo-Amin
Just saw Thor in £D, it was good. A bit too traditional though tbh, dammit Kenneth Branagh!!

Edit: I meant '3D' but £D seems suitable!

Well they do charge more for no extra cost to them...the bastards
lol
Reply 1691
I re-watched Groundhog Day last night, good fun. I'll be watching The Deer Hunter later this week; I've been saving it up for months, so I'm super-excited! Anyone else got big movie plans coming up? :biggrin:
Original post by SteveCrain
Oh yes

Annual trip to the arthouse

Oooh! A Russian film! You can get it on DVD here, maybe I'll buy it :cool:
Original post by Abiraleft
I re-watched Groundhog Day last night, good fun. I'll be watching The Deer Hunter later this week; I've been saving it up for months, so I'm super-excited! Anyone else got big movie plans coming up? :biggrin:

My big plan at the moment is to get through the Coen brothers production. Watched Blood Simple the other night, and I thought it was really quite impressive for a debut film. Tried to watch Raising Arizona as well, but just wasn't feeling Nick Cage. I don't know what it is about him, but most of the time I just can't stand him. For no apparent reason either. Will give it another go soon.

Anyone else got an actor/actress who despite being good at their job you just find irritating?

Well they do charge more for no extra cost to them...the bastards
lol

Who do you think pays for the 3D projectors?
What I do think is rather cheeky is Odeon's 'Own your 3D glasses' thing. Now, you pay a pound for something you used to borrow for free, which is absolutely no use outside the cinema, and if you forget to bring them to your next 3D film, it's your fault and you have to buy another pair.

I mean, it makes perfect sense from a business perspective, but touting it like it's good for the customer is just lying.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Phalanges
Who do you think pays for the 3D projectors?

The ridiculously high profits they make on everything they do like the thousands of % profit they get on popcorn, for example...

The ridiculously high profits they make on everything they do like the thousands of % profit they get on popcorn, for example...

You do realise that food concessions are pretty much the only way a cinema makes money, right? The high prices aren't nice, granted, but that's not they're fault - that's what they have to charge to survive.
Original post by Jace Falco
What I do think is rather cheeky is Odeon's 'Own your 3D glasses' thing. Now, you pay a pound for something you used to borrow for free, which is absolutely no use outside the cinema, and if you forget to bring them to your next 3D film, it's your fault and you have to buy another pair.

I mean, it makes perfect sense from a business perspective, but touting it like it's good for the customer is just lying.

In fairness, a lot of people never gave them back. As for no use outside the cinema, I've seen an awful lot of girls (and some boys) wearing them as part of fancy dress or whatever. I do share your feelings about forgetting them and having to buy new ones, though. :colonhash:
Original post by Phalanges
You do realise that food concessions are pretty much the only way a cinema makes money, right? The high prices aren't nice, granted, but that's not they're fault - that's what they have to charge to survive.

OK sorry... do the cinemas pay you for defending them or something?

Quick Reply