Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    OK sorry... do the cinemas pay you for defending them or something?
    I think he probably defends them because they're worth defending. The cinema experience is unbeatable, and it would be a crying shame if they went out of business.

His cheque from Odeon is coming in the post on Monday.

I think he's just saying what needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    OK sorry... do the cinemas pay you for defending them or something?
    Does the video-on-demand service pay you for criticising them or something?

I don't defend them blindly, but I believe that it's worth educating people when they don't know as much about something, just as I would like someone to point something out to me if I was spouting off ignorantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

I don't defend them blindly, but I believe that it's worth educating people when they don't know as much about something, just as I would like someone to point something out to me if I was spouting off ignorantly.
    Watched Hanna today. I think you were right when you said it's the best thriller since Bourne.

ReputationRep:

I just think you're being a bit arrogant insisting you know more about it because you disagree with me. I know exactly how cinemas work but I still think some of the prices are ridiculous and you won't convince me otherwise since I have all the facts you do!

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    I think he probably defends them because they're worth defending. The cinema experience is unbeatable, and it would be a crying shame if they went out of business.
    I know it would be a shame but I was never arguing ANYTHING other than that the cinemas shouldn't be able to charge so much more for 3D films than normal films.

ReputationRep:
    I just think you're being a bit arrogant insisting you know more about it because you disagree with me. I know exactly how cinemas work but I still think some of the prices are ridiculous and you won't convince me otherwise since I have all the facts you do!
    I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant, and reading back that post I probably was being a little. But if you know how much cinemas are being screwed over by the studios then while the prices of food concessions are high, surely you can understand and appreciate why they must be that way?

ReputationRep:
    A Walk to Remember! That film is amazing, the storyline is just... beautiful!!!

ReputationRep:
    Watched Hanna today. I think you were right when you said it's the best thriller since Bourne.
    Awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it. What did you think of Saoirse Ronan in it?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it. What did you think of Saoirse Ronan in it?
    She was really good. Almost scarily inhuman, but at times really engaging - with her wonder at music and friendship, or her fear at electrical appliances.

ReputationRep:
    She was really good. Almost scarily inhuman, but at times really engaging - with her wonder at music and friendship, or her fear at electrical appliances.
    Yeah, the way she handled herself socially felt so alien it was unnerving. It's a little bit sad when you look at how much talent some kids are capable of and then you contrast them to the Harry Potter kids who are now richer than God just because they are photogenic.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the way she handled herself socially felt so alien it was unnerving. It's a little bit sad when you look at how much talent some kids are capable of and then you contrast them to the Harry Potter kids who are now richer than God just because they are photogenic.
    Hailee Steinfeld, for example.

ReputationRep:
    They were signed on when they were like what? 11? I don't think being photogenic was that much of a dealbreaker to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Gnomeo and Juliet, was very pleasantly surprised! I even shed a little tear. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetstephen)
    They were signed on when they were like what? 11? I don't think being photogenic was that much of a dealbreaker to be honest.
    I think it was the only factor that got them signed on.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Thor yesterday :ahee:

It was awesome, and it totally made me nostalgic, we learned about nordic mythology when we were 8 or something.

Stellan Skarsgård totally stole the show :cool:

and Jaimie Alexander was much better in this film than she ever was in Kyle XY

ReputationRep:
    Watching True Grit. This girl is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Interested in the new Ryan Gosling movie 'Drive'...

ReputationRep:
    Kings Speech :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Jennifer Love Hewitt in Heartbreakers is one of the finest sights my eyes have seen.

There's going to be a Final Destination 5 :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.