Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like things like this

Top 250 best movies of all time map

ReputationRep:
    PIXEL ART FILMS

I like the Indiana Jones one and the Inception one.

ReputationRep:
    I miss Phalanges correcting people and his vast film knowledge :indiff:

also on a random note Indiana and the kingdom of the crystal skull, wow that film sucked

I like to pretend it doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    I like to pretend it doesn't exist.
    What doesn't exist?

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    What doesn't exist?
    I don't know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    What who's talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    PIXEL ART FILMS

I like the Indiana Jones one and the Inception one.
    Those are AWESOME. I like the Ghostbusters one

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Devil... I wouldn't have watched it normally but my friend lent me the DVD out of the blue. Not as bad as I was expecting, and a bit like Exam in a 'strangers stuck in a confined space' sort of way, but not as good. It was also crazily short - I'm not against short films, often I prefer it, but it was short enough to just feel like a TV programme or something.

Mildly entertaining film for procrastination purposes, but I won't be watching it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    Just watched Devil... I wouldn't have watched it normally but my friend lent me the DVD out of the blue. Not as bad as I was expecting, and a bit like Exam in a 'strangers stuck in a confined space' sort of way, but not as good. It was also crazily short - I'm not against short films, often I prefer it, but it was short enough to just feel like a TV programme or something.

Mildly entertaining film for procrastination purposes, but I won't be watching it again.
    My girlfriend agrees lol

I discovered today that I share my birthday with Katharine Hepburn, Ving Rhames and Stephen Baldwin. :cool:

Also, just watched The Deer Hunter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I discovered today that I share my birthday with Katharine Hepburn, Ving Rhames and Stephen Baldwin. :cool:

Also, just watched The Deer Hunter.
    Haha cool I share mine with Russell Howard, Michelle Monaghan and Keri Russell (oddly I found out cos I IMDb-ed the last two because they were both in M:I 3 lol).

And cool you like it?

ReputationRep:
    I share my birthday with Cedric Yarbrough. Cedric... Yarbrough. :sigh:

(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Haha cool I share mine with Russell Howard, Michelle Monaghan and Keri Russell (oddly I found out cos I IMDb-ed the last two because they were both in M:I 3 lol).

And cool you like it?
    I really liked it. Apart from brilliant performances by several members of the cast, I felt that it was really well made; it's been criticized for being overly drawn out on scenes that seem to have little direct relevance to the plot - the wedding bash in the beginning, for instance - but I ended up feeling that part of the reason the film worked was because of these 'little details' scenes - they establish and strengthen the film's human element. The other main criticism, of course, is the one-sided portrayal of the American-Vietnam War, which is entirely justified - the Viet Cong seem not only brutal but distinctly sadistic in the film. Cimino does assert that the film wasn't meant to be political at all, though (although I doubt that's really achievable). :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale on Film4 if anyone's doing a late one.

(Original post by insparato)
    Cannes festival started today. Anyone got any thoughts ? Some good stuff in there. Melancholia and Tree of Life springs to mind!
    Tree of Life is definitely the one I'm looking out for. But some other hidden gems might crop up. Enter the Void from a previous festival, for example.

(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    And on another note I really don't see the big deal with Equilibrium - I thought it was a bit flat tbh :/ no offence to your film taste of course lol.
    The reason why I mentioned it was quite the opposite.

It doesn't seem to get mentioned much at all, in my experience. It seems to get slated and negatively criticised a lot. I think it's pretty underrated and rather good. It definitely falls short in places, but in a world where films in the dystopian genre are severely lacking, it's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any good website to get final script of movies from?
    I'm specifically looking for the proper script for The beach.

ReputationRep:
    The TV spots for X men First class are looking great, can't wait for that one

also quite want to see Will Ferrels' new movie

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    The TV spots for X men First class are looking great, can't wait for that one
    Oh yes. Just this morning I was whoring YouTube for First Class videos. Seriously, seriously cannot wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Oh yes. Just this morning I was whoring YouTube for First Class videos. Seriously, seriously cannot wait.
    I know right. I'd like to think there are some sequels to this prequel too, could be interesting

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.