Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my friend is from the Netherlands. We saw POTC on Sunday (and I enjoyed it.. ) but as we were walking out, I mentioned to my American friend that it felt like an Indiana Jones plot. She agreed.

My Dutch friend then asked what Indiana Jones was.

After much 'WTF'-ing, we found out she'd never seen Indy or Star Wars or any James Bond films :facepalm2:

Cue Wednesday nights becoming film school. Star Wars trilogy marathon tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Hello!

Can't wait for Hangover 2 to come out ... planning to go watch it on the day it comes out, but last time that was planned the cinema was full! :indiff:

Is it out in US etc yet? Are there any reviews?
    Yeah I wanna see it sometime this week too - I think it must have premiered in America by now, not sure about the general american release date but if it is a worldwide release then it's May 26th

I still need to see Vanishing on 7th street, heard it kinda sucks but I'm still curious about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    So my friend is from the Netherlands. We saw POTC on Sunday (and I enjoyed it.. ) but as we were walking out, I mentioned to my American friend that it felt like an Indiana Jones plot. She agreed.

My Dutch friend then asked what Indiana Jones was.

After much 'WTF'-ing, we found out she'd never seen Indy or Star Wars or any James Bond films :facepalm2:

Cue Wednesday nights becoming film school. Star Wars trilogy marathon tomorrow.
    lol, pretty funny. Does she like watching old films though?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody seen the new POTC yet? Opinions? I'll probably be seeing it on a family outing this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Anybody seen the new POTC yet? Opinions? I'll probably be seeing it on a family outing this week.
    Yep I saw it the day it came out in IMAX 3D lol. It's good, not quite got the charm of the original trilogy but yeah it's worth a watch. The 3D is quite good but most of the time you forget you're even in 3D which is good I think, worth it if you like 3D but it doesn't really make the film any better tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Yep I saw it the day it came out in IMAX 3D lol. It's good, not quite got the charm of the original trilogy but yeah it's worth a watch. The 3D is quite good but most of the time you forget you're even in 3D which is good I think, worth it if you like 3D but it doesn't really make the film any better tbh.
    Caddeh you see so many films I envy you, I see like 1 or so a month if I ever plan to with friends, went like 4 times in April and 0 times in May so yeah D:

But yeah I should really go more, the cinema experience is awsum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Caddeh you see so many films I envy you, I see like 1 or so a month if I ever plan to with friends, went like 4 times in April and 0 times in May so yeah D:

But yeah I should really go more, the cinema experience is awsum
    I can't resist <3 I'd go instead of eating if it was a choice! The Hangover Part II next week after a free showing of Back To The Future tomorrow night!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Anybody seen Attack the Block? Worth watching?
    I really enjoyed it. It was energetic and funny and despite its high-concept, it never felt like a parody. The social commentary ("good kids after all!") was hammered in slightly too hard, but overall, it was pretty fun

ReputationRep:
    I can't resist <3 I'd go instead of eating if it was a choice! The Hangover Part II next week after a free showing of Back To The Future tomorrow night!!!
    hah fair enough, nice I love BTTF ignoring part 3 of course lol :rolleyes: I saw some news that Robert Zemeckis is interested in doing a new time travel film - definetely interested in finding out what it may be about

I never saw The hangover in a cinema actually, going to this time around though

ReputationRep:
    Best films were made in the 20th century. John Carpenter all the way.

Assualt on precinct 13- 1976 pure genius.
    Ok thas me done back to revision

ReputationRep:
    hah fair enough, nice I love BTTF ignoring part 3 of course lol :rolleyes: I saw some news that Robert Zemeckis is interested in doing a new time travel film - definetely interested in finding out what it may be about

I never saw The hangover in a cinema actually, going to this time around though
    :eek:

Get out now.

You don't like part 3?!

Just leave, now, go on, there's the proverbial door.

:dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Get out now.

You don't like part 3?!

Just leave, now, go on, there's the proverbial door.

:dumbells:
    lol you're into Part 3? fair Dos' I thought most people don't like it

I don't dislike it, just don't care as much for part 3 as 1 and 2, wasn't as interested in it

anyway the first film, quality :cool:

ReputationRep:
    lol you're into Part 3? fair Dos' I thought most people don't like it

I don't dislike it, just don't care as much for part 3 as 1 and 2, wasn't as interested in it

anyway the first film, quality :cool:
    We've had this discussion in here before haven't we?

Part 3 rules. End of

ReputationRep:
    I very much want to see Win Win!

ReputationRep:
    About to re-watch Kavkazskaya Plenitsa (Kidnapping, Caucasian Style) in order to write an essay about it in Russian... Eek.

I think it's a really great Russian comedy film, and if anyone's interested it's on Youtube with English subtitles here I haven't watched it with subtitles before though, so I'm not sure how they'll translate some of the jokes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I saw it on Monday I liked it a lot, had some good laughs and Jack Sparrow at his best..maybe being a bit biased, because I didn't have to pay for it :ninja: free stuff are so much better

but yeah :ottid:

ReputationRep:
    X-Men: First Class is getting some great reviews on the 'net. Really looking forward to it. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen Julia's Eyes yet? Going to see it later this week, looks pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    X-Men: First Class is getting some great reviews on the 'net. Really looking forward to it. :holmes:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    QFA
    I seriously hope you're joking in about

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.