The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
I seriously hope you're joking in about :colonhash:

I'm the best troll on this site, I just can't exercise my muscles very often otherwise I'd get in trouble.

In film news, I saw Julia's Eyes. No other country even comes close in the last decade to the Spanish at horror.
Reply 1941
Original post by Phalanges
No other country even comes close in the last decade to the Spanish at horror.

It's because we are generally a nation of sadistic, siesta taking geniuses. :colone:
Original post by aja89

Original post by aja89
It's because we are generally a nation of sadistic, siesta taking geniuses. :colone:

It's probably helped by the fact that Guillermo Del Toro decided he liked the country and now has an army of proteges making films. :p:
It's probably helped by the fact that Guillermo Del Toro decided he liked the country and now has an army of proteges making films. :p:

I liked Pans Labyrinth, especially the part with the Hands for eyes monster thing. I think Guillermo took creative liberties with some of those monsters, but it works
Original post by lukejoshjedi

I liked Pans Labyrinth, especially the part with the Hands for eyes monster thing. I think Guillermo took creative liberties with some of those monsters, but it works

Which creative liberties do you think he took?
Which creative liberties do you think he took?

Yah I just meant with some of the monsters he made, he's pretty imaginative and all, but not necessarily with the film plot

Heard he has a new project atm... need to refresh my memory on that

Yah I just meant with some of the monsters he made, he's pretty imaginative and all, but not necessarily with the film plot

Yeah just being inventive isn't taking liberties. :p:
Reply 1947
So the Oscars voting system is going to be done online from now on? I can already here screams of "FIX!" coming from households up and across the Hollywood hills. :rolleyes:
Original post by aja89
So the Oscars voting system is going to be done online from now on? I can already here screams of "FIX!" coming from households up and across the Hollywood hills. :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet 4Chan gets all over that... The Room 2 will probably win Best Picture next year, or something :colone:
Reply 1949
Exams are finished and I just finished watching Goodfellas. Life is good.
Reply 1950
Original post by zjs

Join the club my friend. :cool:

Exams finished on Monday and I've already gone through five of my to watch list.

Life is good.
Original post by pinkpenguin
She seemed okay with it all. We watched Star Wars and Raiders yesterday, she much preferred Indiana Jones.

Empire and Temple next week :colone:

You've done this society proud. :king1:

Now you must do something extremely important.

Stop at The Last Crusade. Go no further. :colonhash:
Reply 1952
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Stop at The Last Crusade. Go no further. :colonhash:

THIS.

For God's sake, this.
Original post by Kieren Doodle
also v for vendetta is awesome

Hugo Weaving is also awesome.

Pacific Rim. Essentially the film he chose to do after he couldn't do the one he wanted with James Cameron, At the Mountains of Madness.

Original post by zjs

Original post by aja89

Exams finished on Monday and I've already gone through five of my to watch list.

Life is good.

Film binges after exams always feel good. You don't feel guilty for not revising. When do you guys get results?
The new Indiana Jones is the best one
Original post by ChessMister
The new Indiana Jones is the best one

Confess your sins, son and all will be forgiven :pierre:
Reply 1956
Film binges after exams always feel good. You don't feel guilty for not revising. When do you guys get results?

15th June. Though tbh I only had one exam and it's only worth 40% of one module. Because of my coursework marks I can get as low as 54% and still end first year with a First. :cool:
Confess your sins, son and all will be forgiven :pierre:

When there is an army of savages, each likely a skilled hunter within his own right, firing hundreds of arrows at you as you lumber your way up a rope ladder, and not one hits you, originality is not enough to remove you from the facepalm list.

At least in the new one we got practical information on how to survive a nuclear blast.
Original post by ChessMister
When there is an army of savages, each likely a skilled hunter within his own right, firing hundreds of arrows at you as you lumber your way up a rope ladder, and not one hits you, originality is not enough to remove you from the facepalm list.

At least in the new one we got practical information on how to survive a nuclear blast.

You might want to erect a shield before Jace sees what you said.
Original post by zjs

Original post by aja89

Life is good.

I am in this club also, life without exams is good, very. (:

Should aim to watch craaploads of films in sparetime

Quick Reply

Latest