Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My exams are about 3 weeks away

(Original post by cambo211)
    You might want to erect a shield before Jace sees what you said.
    If I hadn't already used up tonight's rage quotient, I too would have something to say to him. Instead I will just shake my head in disappointment. -> :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    When there is an army of savages, each likely a skilled hunter within his own right, firing hundreds of arrows at you as you lumber your way up a rope ladder, and not one hits you, originality is not enough to remove you from the facepalm list.

At least in the new one we got practical information on how to survive a nuclear blast.
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and the name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the Indiana Jones to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and the name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the Indiana Jones to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."
    I guess that's one way to put it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Film binges after exams always feel good. You don't feel guilty for not revising. When do you guys get results?
    I think this is is the biggest factor. My whole life for the past five or six weeks has been taken up with exams and the need to revise for finals, or the need to stop procrastinating.

If it's like the last two years, it'll be a few days into July. You?

(Original post by aja89)
    x
    What exams did you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I am in this club also, life without exams is good, very. (:

Should aim to watch craaploads of films in sparetime
    How I'd love to spend the entire summer watching films in my spare time. :moon:

Unfortunately, the need to prepare/enhance my CV with a view to having to enter employment in an *actual*, 'grown-up' career (:afraid:) the year after next will probably dominate my summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    What exams did you have?
    Just one English literature exam, literary theory and all that crap. But it was surrounded by about five massive deadlines so the past few week months have been stressful to say the least!

ReputationRep:
    I love Back To The Future <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You've done this society proud. :king1:

Now you must do something extremely important.

Stop at The Last Crusade. Go no further.
    Oh God of course. Ditto Star Wars too.

We move onto Dr. No after Jedi and Crusade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    How I'd love to spend the entire summer watching films in my spare time. :moon:

Unfortunately, the need to prepare/enhance my CV with a view to having to enter employment in an *actual*, 'grown-up' career (:afraid:) the year after next will probably dominate my summer.
    Lol you and me both, hah I get ya, the need for a summer job haunts us all, (those of us that are unemployed that is) I don't mind too much cos I have so much free time, might as well be earning money, so you've graduated from Uni?

I had an idea, say for Film Club, we should all watch a really bad but funny film, Epic Movie, 2012, Daybreakers - whatever comes on TV and let the luls ensue, could be fun

ReputationRep:
    Lol you and me both, hah I get ya, the need for a summer job haunts us all, (those of us that are unemployed that is) I don't mind too much cos I have so much free time, might as well be earning money, so you've graduated from Uni?
    Well, I've finished uni. I don't become a graduate until I've had my graduation.

ReputationRep:
    I had an idea, say for Film Club, we should all watch a really bad but funny film, Epic Movie, 2012, Daybreakers - whatever comes on TV and let the luls ensue, could be fun
    Something I think would be quite good (on a tangential note) would be to have a retrospective thread, where a group of us go through each entry to a series in turn giving our thoughts. Could start off quite small with a trilogy to trial it.

ReputationRep:
    Epic Movie is meant to be funny but isn't, and neither 2012 or Daybreakers are 'so-bad-they're-funny'. They're just not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Something I think would be quite good (on a tangential note) would be to have a retrospective thread, where a group of us go through each entry to a series in turn giving our thoughts. Could start off quite small with a trilogy to trial it.
    Yeah I like that idea, I've had the thought of making retrospective threads on films from last year but never got around to it

Yeah like the Matrix, Lord of the rings, just have discussions on certain films in the trilogies or the whole trilogy. Feel free to spearhead it

And true Jace, the Movie movies' fall into the 'So bad, they're just bad' categories generally. Though I did like Superhero movie

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like that idea, I've had the thought of making retrospective threads on films from last year but never got around to it

Yeah like the Matrix, Lord of the rings, just have discussions on certain films in the trilogies or the whole trilogy. Feel free to spearhead it

And true Jace, the Movie movies' fall into the 'So bad, they're just bad' categories generally. Though I did like Superhero movie
    It would need a bit of structure i.e. there would need to be guidelines such as "don't talk about films before we get to them in the thread" or it would just turn into a mess. Also it would be good to have a core group of contributors who would be willing to talk about each film for some consistency. If there was a bit of an interest I could look at setting it up in the near future, sure.

I envisage it in the distant future being something like looking at all of the various film attempts at Batman before The Dark Knight Rises is released - now that would be cool.

ReputationRep:
    It would need a bit of structure i.e. there would need to be guidelines such as "don't talk about films before we get to them in the thread" or it would just turn into a mess. Also it would be good to have a core group of contributors who would be willing to talk about each film for some consistency. If there was a bit of an interest I could look at setting it up in the near future, sure.

I envisage it in the distant future being something like looking at all of the various film attempts at Batman before The Dark Knight Rises is released - now that would be cool.
    I think it'd be cool to look back on how awful Tron was, despite the hype some people attached to it. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I love Beauty and the Beast.

ReputationRep:

Want.

ReputationRep:

Want.
    :zomg:

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this has been posted before:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.