Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a dilemma, I really like the look of Kent uni and Canterbury itself, but it's offering me no experience. Surrey on the other hand is offering a placement year, but coming from Bristol I'm used to quite a lively atmosphere and decent clubs, which Guildford just doesn't seem to have. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    It depends... on your status whether you're female or male. Sorry, I could not estimate exactly (just on name).
    Anyway, if you're 17 years old - you will be drunk either in Kent or either in Surrey - not a big difference.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirhen!)
    Bit of a dilemma, I really like the look of Kent uni and Canterbury itself, but it's offering me no experience. Surrey on the other hand is offering a placement year, but coming from Bristol I'm used to quite a lively atmosphere and decent clubs, which Guildford just doesn't seem to have. Any thoughts?
    Understand your dilemma completely Having trouble deciding between Kent and Surrey as well. The courses are very similar and both offer placements.. only difference is that Surrey is rated slightly higher. However, I really like the look of Kent as well and will probably end up choosing it.

But on to you Just double checked it, because I was pretty sure that I had seen that Kent offered Psychology with a placement, and they do, it's the Applied Psychology course.. But maybe you only applied for Psychology? If that's the case, I'm pretty sure it will be easy to swap over, I know for Computer Science it is. So maybe just email them and ask?

ReputationRep:
    Kent uni offers different types of Psychology degrees, such as: Clinical Psychology, Psychology, Psychology with European Studies (you go to another country for your third year), Applied Psychology (offers a placement year)...

I think the entry grades are slightly higher for the Applied course- it was AAB when I applied (I'm in my second year).

Regarding the material covered, first year is pretty easy and there is not much work to do- if you're a workaholic you might get slightly bored, on the other hand if you like going out then I'm sure you'll have a great time. Second year is a lot more interesting, however, there is A LOT more work to do.. As for third year there's quiere a range of modules that you can choose depending on what you're interested in.

As a Kent uni student I'm obviously going to say come to Kent :P but at the end of the day, just choose the uni you liked the most- I think the campus plays a great role in making you choose, and apparently Kent's campus is a lot nicer

ReputationRep:
    Cheers
    yeah i'm not doing 'applied psychology' at the moment, i asked about the work placements at the open day. They said ''if you get three A's on results day we can change it!'', but thats just not looking possible.

Kent did seems nice though, and so did Canterbury! which is important...

as you're doing the applied course what are you doing for your work placement!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.