Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How depressing. No good looking girls for me. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by favouriteworstnightmare)
    I'd do her without the bag
    Yes I am a girl.
    Win! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    1: You don't know my life so you don't know what contributes to my reasoning and my subsequent posting of this thread. Don't expect you to know, but ease up on the stereotypes?

2: Not being a whiny *****, merely stating the truth in order to accept it and get on with life.
    My post was about my dismay at how many guys think too little of themselves these days and expect empathy from others about it. Not necessarily you but it's how you come across in your post.

Because I do not have many positive point's feature wise apart from height
    Considering that no one person goes for exactly the same kind of attractive qualities, I'd say you're in with a good chance of finding someone once you lighten up a little..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_90)
    Win! :P
    Haha, she's hot!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Right. Well, flash a bit of cash and you'll get hot girls left right and centre.

(Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    My post was about my dismay at how many guys think too little of themselves these days and expect empathy from others about it. Not necessarily you but it's how you come across in your post.
    Agree to a point, some mens attitude once a bit of ass comes onto the screen is odd to say the least. A bit of pride if nothing else would help.

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    Considering that no one person goes for exactly the same kind of attractive qualities, I'd say you're in with a good chance of finding someone once you lighten up a little..
    Maybe, who know's I guess. Here's to the future and hopefully a pretty girl.

(Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Right. Well, flash a bit of cash and you'll get hot girls left right and centre.
    Whilst I am sure you are being a bit sarcastic, I'll bite.

I'm not after a shag with a hot girl, I'm not expecting hot girls (or girls in general for that matter) to fall at my feet, I'm after a bit of confidence which my own issues with my own bringing can't negate. Having a hot girl who thinks the world of you would be pretty sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I am sure you are being a bit sarcastic, I'll bite.

I'm not after a shag with a hot girl, I'm not expecting hot girls (or girls in general for that matter) to fall at my feet, I'm after a bit of confidence which my own issues with my own bringing can't negate. Having a hot girl who thinks the world of you would be pretty sweet.
    Why does she have to be hot? Would an average looking girl who you got on with well not help your confidence?

ReputationRep:
    Moping about isn't going to help the situation, it just knocks your self confidence even further. Get out there and find some good looking girls rather than complaining that there aren't any. Confidence is what people go for, looks are a factor, but you don't have to be Brad Pitt to get a girlfriend. If you're that awkward guy who sits in the corner and doesn't say anything, then no, girls aren't going to be interested.

Why does she have to be hot? Would an average looking girl who you got on with well not help your confidence?
    True enough, I guess I was just emphasising my point. Basically a girl who would help me feel positive and more integrated.

(Original post by lukas1051)
    Moping about isn't going to help the situation, it just knocks your self confidence even further. Get out there and find some good looking girls rather than complaining that there aren't any. Confidence is what people go for, looks are a factor, but you don't have to be Brad Pitt to get a girlfriend. If you're that awkward guy who sits in the corner and doesn't say anything, then no, girls aren't going to be interested.
    Very sage advice.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I was going to say.

OP I think you are really shallow for just wanting "a hot girl", for christ sake I bet there are loads of girls who would like to be with you but with an attitude of "i only want a good looking girl", that's enough to turn a lot of women away, good looking or average.

What about women who you really get on with or that have really interesting personalities but may just have average looks??? Relationships based on ONLY looks are more than likely to fail IMO, have seen it loads of times.

(Original post by HaNzY)
    Exactly what I was going to say.

OP I think you are really shallow for just wanting "a hot girl", for christ sake I bet there are loads of girls who would like to be with you but with an attitude of "i only want a good looking girl", that's enough to turn a lot of women away, good looking or average.

What about women who you really get on with or that have really interesting personalities but may just have average looks??? Relationships based on ONLY looks are more than likely to fail IMO, have seen it loads of times.
    Haha if I had a girlfriend who was "average" looks and interesting personality I'd be the happiest guy in the world.

I'm trying to find my place in the world, not simply move up the ratings list.

P.s worth clarifying as well, that girls for me fall into three categories.

Unattractive (around 10% of girls)
    Meh (around 3%)
    Attractive (87%)

ReputationRep:
    'Tis a hard life. The real question is - what are you going to do about it? :holmes:

(Original post by aeterno)
    'Tis a hard life. The real question is - what are you going to do about it? :holmes:
    It's a VERY hard life, made all the sweeter when such hurdles and adversaries are overcome.

I'll do something once I figure out what to do.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm sure girls think the same about you.

ReputationRep:
    Sad story bro.

So what would you recommend to help me get into the swing of life? How should I make myself more appealing to the ladyfolk of the world?

(Original post by PapaShmurff)
    Sad story bro.

So what would you recommend to help me get into the swing of life? How should I make myself more appealing to the ladyfolk of the world?
    Aim lower

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.