Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Comic Relief: Best way of making money or excuse for Z-List celebrities to be on TV? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it's so rubbish. I give money to charity every month, don't make a big song and dance about it, and hope that my money goes towards helping. Can't everyone just give the money instead of having the needless and quite frankly crap shows like 'Comic Relief does Celebrity dancing. It just gives celebrities whose fame is on the wane, and comedians who aren't funny, the chance to get more airtime. I obviously want to help people and raise money, but surely its quicker if you just ask people to donate rather than doing all these shows and letting people like Ade Edmonson, who hasn't been on TV for about 20 years now, and is about as funny as a dead child, try and claw back some fame?

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see the connection of charity and mega-buck salaries so i just keep my money or spend it on local things.

Comic relief is "OMFG MY PERSONALITY IS ON DA TELLY!" frist, "please give generously AND OMFG IM ON TELLY!" second.

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch Comic Relief because it really irritates me, and I donate anyway. But you can't deny that it motivates an awful lot of other people to give money, which isn't a bad thing, even if it does do so in an annoying way.

ReputationRep:
    Just donate and shut up.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind nearly as much if there was actually an element of comedy about it. Thinking of suing for false advertising, tbh...

ReputationRep:
    i'm watching die another day

ReputationRep:
    Red noses ftw

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's bloody annoying but it works to raise money. So the end justifies the means.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough if you already understand what goes on in the world and are already willing to donate regardless.

But, I feel it can act as a real eye-opener for those who havn't studied slums, malaria, HIV etc. and don't know how much of a problem it is. It's also presented in a considerably easy-viewing way and thus also addresses the non-intellectuals who would be ordinarily reluctant to watch a documentary on the aforementioned concerns.

ReputationRep:
    Im only watching it to see take that perform OH YESSSSS

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.