Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    i know someone with 8A*s and 830 UKCAT, hasnt heard anything from kings

serious
    And I know someone with 6A* and a 590 UK CAT and is in

ReputationRep:
    hmmm..there definately seems to be an hidden agenda..:eek:

I just hope they find what they look for when I write my PS.

anyway,i do loads of "extra" things around my school and sport from which I gain a lot from. (hockey and badminton). but,i dont do anything musical at all :P (apart from being in the school choir last year!)
    do quite a bit of volunteering over a long period of time (3years)
    + a nice chunk of work exp. aswell
    I just hope admissions love me,haha

tbh,i doubt they care much about A-level subjects? im doing chem,bio,physics and religious studies.
    and then going to do: chem,bio,rs at A2.
    rs might be something interesting to talk about in the interview,particularly as I hear they give an ethical scenario.
    hmmm...interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    i know someone with 8A*s and 830 UKCAT, hasnt heard anything from kings

serious
    That is insane and very sad.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say get anything 700+ and you'll be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle*92)
    I got an offer with 9A*s GCSE and 785 UKCAT. although my friend with 10A*s and 710 UKCAT still hasn't got an interview so they seem to look at more than gcse grades and ukcat. :s

As for the UKCAT, working hard does help and try as many practice questions as you can it really helped me (although this was the first time i did it, i don't know what i would have got if i hadn't practiced much) but it really does give you confidence because you know what to expect.
    For how long did you revise before you sat the exam?

ReputationRep:
    ofc the gcse/ukcat sliding scale matters...but i think what everyone is forgetting is that they consider everything else too: PS, predicted grades, referee statement etc

the gcse/ukcat is just one side of it...kings look for well rounded applicants so will consider everything there

ReputationRep:
    impossible to tell. i had a 700 average, lowest score in the high 600s and was offered an interview very late (so late that i had already decided to go with other places and withdrew my application to them days before).

it all depends on whether the UKCAT changes its structure, if they make it harder, and the applicant volume. tuition going through the roof maybe the applicants will be much lower for 2012, maybe not.

its impossible to tell at this point but i'd be surprised if it went down more than 40 points (ie if i barely got an interview at 700, that must be essentially the cutoff or around there).

ReputationRep:
    700+ Safe
    650+ Very Likely
    600+ Likely
    600- No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.