Turn on thread page Beta

Anonymous as he has an account here.

My ex and I ended on good terms, we were best friends before and we're still pretty close now. However, he keeps making passive aggressive/hypocritical comments, starting an argument and then deciding not to talk for days on end before saying hi again and pretending like nothing happened.

As an example (from today) we were discussing our friend group in Uni in comparison to the ones from our old school, and it was mentioned how his closest friends didn't particularly like me after we broke up, calling me a **** etc.

He first made a comment that I never defended him to my friends (Which I did) and when I pointed out that he had sat there and endorsed what his friends were saying, he became passive aggressive, and has subsequently decided not to talk (again). I don't mind giving him space- that's fine, but I don't understand why he constantly picks up on little things to make a big deal.

This is stressing me quite a bit as aside from this we're really good friends and I'd hate to lose that. But I'd also hate for this to continue- I can't stand being blanked, and he knows it. He's a really nice person, this thread isn't doing him justice, he does have lots of nice qualities too. And usually, when he's not deciding to be hurtful on purpose, he's really supportive too. Any suggestions on what to do?

ReputationRep:
    My dog died today

But it's ok i got a new one :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    My dog died today

That made me lol

(Original post by U.S Lecce)
    My dog died today

Good

ReputationRep:
    He may be a good person but a childish one. ask him after an argument which was exactly his problem and what made it solve on its own. pretending everything is fine after an argument is sophisticated to my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Good
    British humour is really weird sometimes... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine being a midget.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.