Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    Even as a big animal lover I can understand why. Just wish they'd use a method other than gassing which while deemed "acceptable" by a report causes significant distress and pain to the animals.
    OMGG Your siggg with the little kittyss are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o cuteeeee!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem.

They're either going to die of radiation or starvation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear :facepalm:

15,000 people have died and you're worried about their cats? what the hell is wrong with you? yes of course it is sad, but I think the Japanese authorities have bigger things to worry about right now than Mr Chan's moggy.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you people act like millions of Japanese people are going to starve to death if they feed a few pets.

I'm actually surprised considering just today I read a story about the Japanese equivalent of our RSPCA rescuing dogs stranded in the tsunami hit area and another about trying to get cat food to "cat island".
    http://news.discovery.com/animals/ja...es-110315.html

I call bull**** on this until I see a real source.

ReputationRep:
    Even as a big animal lover I can understand why. Just wish they'd use a method other than gassing which while deemed "acceptable" by a report causes significant distress and pain to the animals.
    Does it really matter which way they die, they won't even remember as corpses anyway. I'm all for adopting a pet but I can't afford plane tickets xD.

Nonetheless it is funny how the alternative to euthanasia is *letting them starve, when it could also be turned into edible meat or just let them go in the wild and fetch for themselves.

(Original post by No Man)
    I don't see the problem.

They're either going to die of radiation or starvation anyway.
    the argument can be used for babies, disabled people and just the general population if you're referring to radiation so how about we gas them?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Purely rational, not sympathetic

(Original post by S129439)
    I think the Japanese authorities have bigger things to worry about right now than Mr Chan's moggy.
    Chairman Meow?

:getmecoat:

Disclaimer: For those born without a sense of humour I am aware the guy was Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    Could use them to plug the reactor? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    15,000+ have died.

I don't give a damn about the pets.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Oh dear :facepalm:

15,000 people have died and you're worried about their cats? what the hell is wrong with you? yes of course it is sad, but I think the Japanese authorities have bigger things to worry about right now than Mr Chan's moggy.
    Chan is a Chinese name, doubt many Japanese are called Chan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Chairman Meow?

Just massive facepalm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I was negged for stating a fact?

ReputationRep:
    Old people are dying, also people in general. Go hug a mole, hippy.

ReputationRep:
    Why? Waste of money and time in desperate times like these for Japan.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes it's sad, but what else can be done? The number of people who have died and the amount of damage to people's lives is far sadder.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I thought.. don't know why you've been negged

ReputationRep:
    i guess that its a lot cheaper than euthenasia by anaesthetics which is expensive and requires skilled people to administer it. it does depend what gas we are talking about here though...

sad times- but definately not the worst thing going on in Japan right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    ‘Japanese animal holding centres in and around the disaster areas have announced in this bulletin that all pets who are not claimed within 72 hours will be ‘disposed’ of (gassed).’

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/unc...2hrs-in-japan/

Please read. Please sign. Please tell people. We’re running out of time.

Source.

The "source" linked by your website is a blog trying to reunite owners and their pets.

2/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Chairman Meow?

WINNER!

i know, it was just a joke lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Edit: Never mind, since I got so much hate for trying to prevent yet more lives being lost by the tsunami. Sorry for caring. :indiff:
    Negged for abandoning your principles to avoid being negged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Negged for abandoning your principles to avoid being negged.
    It wasn't the neg, actually, it was the amount of comments calling me stupid/selfish etcetera, could do without them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.