Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    It wasn't the neg, actually, it was the amount of comments calling me stupid/selfish etcetera, could do without them.
    Fair enough.

It is sad, and it would be better if it wasn't happening. However, the earthquaketsunamimeltdownstravag anza is also really rather upsetting, and I can't see what else they can do other than let them starve to death, which is surely worse.

ReputationRep:
    ah
    Do you have a source for this though?

ReputationRep:
    Would you rather they suffered a long and agonising death starving on the streets because there isn't room to home them all?

(Original post by No Future)
    Just massive facepalm.
    I am aware that Chairman Mao was Chinese. Lighten up.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all saying "oh it doesn't matter about animals when people are starving"? In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson; 'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us'. Poor animals. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Never mind, since I got so much hate for trying to prevent yet more lives being lost by the tsunami. Sorry for caring. :indiff:
    Oh don't be like that. I'm glad someone cares about the pets. :hugs:
    I know it's a difficult situation, but it is a horrible one.
    I'm going to sign the petition anyway.
    :| Thank you for posting the petition link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Why are you all saying "oh it doesn't matter about animals when people are starving"? In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson; 'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us'. Poor animals. :sad:
    I may have misunderstood for which I apologise but are you trying to say that the animals are more important in a time like this for Japan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djikstra)
    I may have misunderstood for which I apologise but are you trying to say that the animals are more important in a time like this for Japan?
    No more important, as Japan is going through an awful time. I'm just suggesting that people need to stop thinking "oh they're just animals" and realise that they're actually living creatures too...think about it, animals never hurt anyone unless they're frightened or hunting for food. Humans kill eachother for pleasure, bully one another, torment and abuse others...and yet we value our own 'superior' race above animals. I just think more thought should be given to the animals and you should at least try to help them, instead of just killing them.

I'm aware this post may make me sound like a very naive, soppy idealist. I'm not usually like that with many issues, I just feel strongly about animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    Oh don't be like that. I'm glad someone cares about the pets. :hugs:
    I know it's a difficult situation, but it is a horrible one.
    I'm going to sign the petition anyway.
    :| Thank you for posting the petition link.
    Someone with a heart, I've signed it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    No more important, as Japan is going through an awful time. I'm just suggesting that people need to stop thinking "oh they're just animals" and realise that they're actually living creatures too...think about it, animals never hurt anyone unless they're frightened or hunting for food. Humans kill eachother for pleasure, bully one another, torment and abuse others...and yet we value our own 'superior' race above animals. I just think more thought should be given to the animals and you should at least try to help them, instead of just killing them.

I'm aware this post may make me sound like a very naive, soppy idealist. I'm not usually like that with many issues, I just feel strongly about animals.
    Thanks for the clarification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Why would they gas them? Surely it would make it dangerous to eat the dogs then
    The Japanese don't eat dogs. How ignorant.
    Baka...

ReputationRep:
    Can't find a single reputable source to suggest this is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrinified)
    The Japanese don't eat dogs. How ignorant.
    Baka...
    it was a joke you ****in si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4m4wbYc08k

ReputationRep:
    it was a joke you ****in si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4m4wbYc08k
    Well if you're going to make a joke at least get the country right, it just makes you look more like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Don't Japanese people keep Pokemon as pets?

Please don't tell me they're going to gas the Pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bear54)
    Well if you're going to make a joke at least get the country right, it just makes you look more like an idiot.
    Gee wizz.

Are facts not ever bended to allow for jokes, are stereotypes- far easterners- not ever maintained?

ReputationRep:
    Where has the OP gone???? This is a debacle!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlllll)
    Don't Japanese people keep Pokemon as pets?

Please don't tell me they're going to gas the Pokemon.

LOL :five: Make sure you catch 'em all then.

ReputationRep:
    Gee wizz.

Are facts not ever bended to allow for jokes, are stereotypes- far easterners- not ever maintained?
    So not only are you ignorant, you're also insensitive.

ReputationRep:
    Gee wizz.

But Japanese are not Chinese, so it's a non funny joke.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.