Turn on thread page Beta

Do the recent natural disasters prove that the world WILL end in 2012? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There have been many natural disasters recently. Floods in Australia, earthquakes in New Zealand, and ofcourse the devastation in Japan. All in such a short space of time. Is this a sign of the start of the end of the world? Is this just the beginning? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Lived past the last 3 or more times they have said the world will end, im sure i'll be fine this time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly...

ReputationRep:
    Noooo! Olympics

ReputationRep:
    just like the so-called 'millennium bug'

ReputationRep:
    You're right! These recent ones must be omens!

*overlooks every previous natural disaster* :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Well, some rednecks are convinced that God will end the world by 2012. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see their reactions when they found out they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be daft.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had this conversation with a guy at college the other day. He seemed to think that God is going to destroy the Earth in a terrible wrath, owing to the fact that homosexuality is now acceptable, Britain is multicultural and that there are too many atheists and other non-Christians.

Seems reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope not. But I have to admit, I've had this passing thought myself too

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No. You have very much misused the word "prove" also.

ReputationRep:
    It proves that natural disasters happen.

If you somehow try to link any ND to 2012... then you do seem a bit silly, just being real

ReputationRep:
    Earthquakes happen all over the world every day. The World hasn't gone *bang!* yet.

Also, if anyone really believes that the world will end 21st December 2012, riddle me this... will that be when it turns midnight in New Zealand, or the UK, or the USA?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I had the same thought and was going to make a similar thread but you got there first.

EDIT: Perhaps I should clarify because this wasn't quite what I meant, what I felt was the end of the world in 2012 had seemed like an odd occurrence as there was nothing to cause it, however due to the increase in natural disasters, and civil unrest it's beginning to seem less unrealistic. I do not however feel that it is definitely going to happen.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.