Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A rep from Cadbury/Mars/Nestle approaches you -"Make the Ultimate Chocolate Bar." watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're just sitting there minding your own business, perhaps in a park, perhaps on the toilet. Where you are sitting is irrelevant. There is a businessman standing in front of you (yes, even if you're on the toilet - he broke in there) with a simple proposition.

He's from a large chocolate manufacturer, be it Cadbury, Nestle, Mars, or whoever you imagine him to be an employee of - and he's given you free reign, design, budget and taste, to create their next, their newest... the Ultimate Chocolate Bar.

What would it comprise of for you, and why?

Mine would start with a base of shortcake biscuit (think, old-style Twix, but wider), topped with a rich chocolate ganache, and atop this, either white nougat (a la Milky Way) or soft, gooey marshmallow (think, Marshmallow Fluff). Throughout this layer sit pieces of hazelnut. All of this would be encased in a delicious robe of Dairy Milk chocolate.

It would certainly be a rich bar, not for the fainthearted; sweet indeed, too. But I think the marshmallow/nougat layer would offer the initial sugar hit, with the nuts and shortcake offering a definitive crunch and crumble texture combination. Then later, the rich, developing flavours of the ganache and hazels would come through (think the way a ferrero rocher develops on the palate) before dissolving away and ending with that definitive and melt-on-tongue sweet perfection of Cadbury chocolate.

Having trouble figuring out what you might like in yours? Here are some simple ingredient suggestions:

CARAMEL

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE

SHORTCAKE

ALMOND NOUGAT

CINDER TOFFEE

THE MAN IS GETTING IMPATIENT. He wants to know what the ultimate chocolate bar, and he's growing tired of standing in your bathroom. So let's hear it, TSR... what would make the Ultimate Chocolate Bar?

ReputationRep:
    Best thread yet Toto <3

ReputationRep:
    Are you overweight? I've seen so many threads about food, all seemingly started by you.

ReputationRep:
    Knew this would be by TotoMimo!

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd.

Praline/nougat/coconut/milk chocolate.......laced with TCP

ReputationRep:
    I think i'd just like a bar made from the stuff thats inside the Cadbury's Roses strawberry chocolate :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    Are you overweight? I've seen so many threads about food, all seemingly started by you.
    He's actually not I checked on his profile. Incredible not getting fat tekkers.

ReputationRep:
    a layer of milk chocolate, followed by thin layer of shortcake and then another of marshmallow, followed by a small of creamy white chocolate then a big of milk chocolate again

:yum:

ReputationRep:
    A lion bar with nuts on the outside (like picnic bars).

ReputationRep:
    The base would be a very thin layer of twix-style shortbread.
    The first layer would be a very gooey, creamy, chocolate-y layer of truffle.
    The top layer would be a bit like the inside of the Lindt Lindor chocolates.
    It would be coated in yummy galaxy chocolate.
    And my name would be drizzled on the top in white chocolate.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Winning bar by Charlie Sheen. You know it'd be good.

ReputationRep:

Just bring this back, it was perfect :emo:

ReputationRep:
    caramelised hazelnuts in a bed of hazelnut praline covered in chocolate? :beard: Of course, it must be quite thin, otherwise it could get sickly very easily.

ReputationRep:
    Dairy milk is perfection and cannot be improved. I live on the border between the ROI and NI and the cadburys in ROI tastes a thousand times better than the UK type, not sure why but they certaintly found the ultimate chocolate bar....... Scrap that cadburys golden crisp is awesome!!!

Edit

In a hotel in London I was talking to obese American tourists who had an entire suitcase full of cadburys dairy milk because the chocolate in the US diddnt match UK chocolate, this is testament that the ultimate chocolate already exists; cadburys!!!

Further Edit

Cadburys was so awesome Roald Dahl wrote about his cadburys obsession, was inspired to write Charlie an the chocolate factory etc

Edit

Im now eating cadburys

Chocolate is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    I think i'd just like a bar made from the stuff thats inside the Cadbury's Roses strawberry chocolate :sexface:
    Awesome idea! I'd totally buy that chocolate bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)

Nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm craving something sweet right now and all these awesome threads by TotoMimo aren't helping. My ideal chocolate would be a mix of white and milk chocolate filled with caramel and kinder bueno cream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    Dairy milk is perfection and cannot be improved. I live on the border between the ROI and NI and the cadburys in ROI tastes a thousand times better than the UK type, not sure why but they certaintly found the ultimate chocolate bar....... Scrap that cadburys golden crisp is awesome!!!

Edit

In a hotel in London I was talking to obese American tourists who had an entire suitcase full of cadburys dairy milk because the chocolate in the US diddnt match UK chocolate, this is testament that the ultimate chocolate already exists; cadburys!!!

Further Edit

Cadburys was so awesome Roald Dahl wrote about his cadburys obsession, was inspired to write Charlie an the chocolate factory etc

Edit

Im now eating cadburys

Chocolate is awesome!
    Well their version of Dairy Milk is quite horrible. And their equivalent to Cadburys (Hersheys) is what I imagine mud would taste like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)

Just bring this back, it was perfect :emo:
    God yes, I loved that! :coma: This'll be my choice too. :daydreaming: I prefer simple bars, like Dairy Milk, to all this fancy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I just got negative rep for this thread. Sorry to have offended you, random chocolate-hating person.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.