Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A rep from Cadbury/Mars/Nestle approaches you -"Make the Ultimate Chocolate Bar." watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A mixture of this:

And this :sexface:

Snickers :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Well their version of Dairy Milk is quite horrible. And their equivalent to Cadburys (Hersheys) is what I imagine mud would taste like!
    Never tasted it but I will ask my brother to send me some home, he says that chocolate is the only food the americans can't get right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    Never tasted it but I will ask my brother to send me some home, he says that chocolate is the only food the americans can't get right.
    That's probably because they don't put sugar in it, they put corn syrup. Corn syrup is cheaper than sugar in America (they have lots of corn), so they replaced sugar with it everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    That's probably because they don't put sugar in it, they put corn syrup. Corn syrup is cheaper than sugar in America (they have lots of corn), so they replaced sugar with it everywhere.
    Wow it's strange how much I enjoyed that little fact
    Is it wierd to freeze very thin chocolate just to enjoy the snapping sound?
    God I come across as such a chocophile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    American chocolate also has far less milk content, Hersheys in particular has a particularly bitter, sour-milk taste to it. Quite insipid. Moreover the texture is very waxy, not creamy.

It's like the Anti-Galaxy.

Needless to say, it would take NO part in my ultimate chocolate bar.

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Fuse, give me a fuse bar and I will give you my hand in marriage (I'm a good catch I promise)

ReputationRep:
    The cookie bits from galaxy cookie bars + white chocolate = ah, my god.
    Sometimes I buy two bars and take alternating bites to get that flavour

ReputationRep:
    Whole hazlenuts in caramel wrapped in galaxy chocolate And I've no idea why someone would neg this Toto, probably just jealous that they didnt come up with this great idea for a thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    Whole hazlenuts in caramel wrapped in galaxy chocolate And I've no idea why someone would neg this Toto, probably just jealous that they didnt come up with this great idea for a thread!
    Your ultimate bar sounds like a Galaxy version of the purple one from Quality Street... which to me, is absolutely no bad thing!

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything that would actually work together
    I'm a very simple person, don't usually like to mix my textures!

I was thinking about some sort of galaxy ripple/caramel/orange aero/terry's choc orange combo but realised it would just fail in practice

ReputationRep:
    Rich chocolate sponge covered in a thick layer of milk chocolate, with an orange creme centre. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    White chocolate topic bar:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be like a Terry's Chocolate Orange bar but with those crispy orangey tasting bits you can get.

Nom.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, I'm hungry after reading through all these posts. Actually, I was hungry before. I'm always hungry! Food, food, food

I think my perfect chocolate bar would feature a wispa/aero styled base (so it'd melt in the mouth), this'd be topped with a milkyway nougat style layer and then a layer of soft lindt truffle filling style ganache, which would have little chunks of cookie dough and the crispy bits from toffee crisp in it. All encased in dairy milk chocolate.

Yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Mmm, I'm hungry after reading through all these posts. Actually, I was hungry before. I'm always hungry! Food, food, food

I think my perfect chocolate bar would feature a wispa/aero styled base (so it'd melt in the mouth), this'd be topped with a milkyway nougat style layer and then a layer of soft lindt truffle filling style ganache, which would have little chunks of cookie dough and the crispy bits from toffee crisp in it. All encased in dairy milk chocolate.

Yum
    I actually started to slaver a little reading this particular one... genuinely!

And come on, TSR folks!! You've got free reign to create the ultimate chocolate bar with anything in it, and some people are just writing "I just want X back"? Why not have X back but EVEN BETTER somehow?

Let your mind go wild! Why want just Wispa Gold or Dairy Milk with Shortcake; IMAGINE A WISPA GOLD WITH SHORTCAKE PIECES! Go CRAZY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)

And come on, TSR folks!! You've got free reign to create the ultimate chocolate bar with anything in it, and some people are just writing "I just want X back"? Why not have X back but EVEN BETTER somehow?

Let your mind go wild! Why want just Wispa Gold or Dairy Milk with Shortcake; IMAGINE A WISPA GOLD WITH SHORTCAKE PIECES! Go CRAZY!
    A fuse is the dream though. The dream I tell you.

Maybe some form of fudge bar with extra thick chocolate on it and about 30 times the size.

ReputationRep:
    Cadbury fruit and nut with cashews in it! And bits of cookies. Nom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    I think i'd just like a bar made from the stuff thats inside the Cadbury's Roses strawberry chocolate :sexface:
    Mmmmm, this. :drool:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    mmmm choccies.
    it would have white and milk chocolate in it. truffle. and a layer of caramel. and some bicsuit too :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Layer of chocolate truffle topped with a layer of marshmallow fluff type stuff...I'd like to include fudge too but that may be too sickly unfortunately, wrapped in milk chocolate

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.