Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

I did my first mock on Section A for English Lit today which was the part with a given extract and where you're expected to bring in wider reading.
    My teacher for this section has been away for a lot of the year and we've received next to no guidance on how to answer the question or approach wider reading... I think we're doing AQA A, and it's the Struggle for Modern Identity if that needs to be specified, I just feel a bit stumped at the moment - it seems a bit impossible!

Is there any advice on how to approach the contextual question generally? I'd be really grateful!

Thanks in advance

Whilst I haven't done Literature for AQA A, have a look at the examiners report for the struggle for modern identityhere.

You can view the mark scheme for the struggle for identity, January 2010 exam here.

Looking at these will help you to see how you can get marks, and what you need to do to access the higher bands.

Anything else I can do, feel free to quote me.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.