Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finally got my exam timetable; I know that some people think it's still waaaayyy to early; but I revise early more from the point of preventing panic attacks because I decided to not revise !

I've only got 12 exams to sit, because I did some already last year ( English Language and German);
    my first one is Biology Further (Unit 3) on the 18th May; then I have Spanish on the 23rd etc, English Lit, Chemistry, Spanish ( Reading), Physics, Business.

Then I have study leave, and have three exams- ( well two maths ones; a Geography one and a short course R.S), in a way, I'm quite glad, because basically need to learn my maths course because I thought maths was muuuuchh more fun to draw pretty pictures in and talk to people. Definitely regretting that now

Last exam is 14th June!

Then it's S U M M E R!

What is everyone planning on doing? I've got work experience, but I'm doing it at an animal sanctuary, so will be in my element! Hopefully off to Argentina or Spain to spend a couple of weeks staying with a family! Exciting!

Good luck with all your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I got mine like a month ago, I have 11 exams and last one is on 13th of June, then I'ma chillax alllllllll day Been procastinating revising for like 2 weeks now but really going to push myself and start next week

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, our school takes very few exams early, and now I've got loads. I have retakes at the end of June so, I have to wait longer till I get a break. Wish I had your kind of motivation I've only got myself to look at my subjects briefly not any full on revision yet...

ReputationRep:
    I have 15 or 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    I have 5 (including some resits) :K:which is very little compared to some people, but I am still wetting myself about them haha. I finish on the 24th of June and then I have two holidays booked to Spain and Italy and then off for a camping trip with all my mates. then I have results and then Reading festival whooo :woo: the rest of the time I'll be pretty much working 9 to 5
    If you don't mind me asking, how come you have only five exams, does you're school spread it at all over, in year 10 and 11 or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scireamortente)
    If you don't mind me asking, how come you have only five exams, does you're school spread it at all over, in year 10 and 11 or something?
    ugh I fail at TSR. just realised this is about GCSEs, not A-levels ignore what I said haha.
    I had 21 GCSE exams

ReputationRep:
    I have 16 exams between 16th May and 24th June And I haven't started revising. Oh god help me.

ReputationRep:
    I still have to make an exam timetable so I can make a revision timetable, will do that on Monday and begin my revision.

I find it difficult to distinguish what exams I am doing from the examination board website(s)

I am one of those people who are intelligent though procrastinate, I am going to push myself 100%, I know I am capable of those top grades, I do not want to sit on the boundaries of Cs (great grade though everyone can do better, right?) - I want to find out how far I can push myself, with a little revision I managed to get my horrific maths up from two E's in genuine modules to just one mark under two C's in mocks.

If anyone has any advice, please PM me :-), thanks! Good luck to all.

ReputationRep:
    ugh I fail at TSR. just realised this is about GCSEs, not A-levels ignore what I said haha.
    I had 21 GCSE exams
    Wow same, I'm looking forward to 21 exams! Yay, what fun...

ReputationRep:
    I had 21 GCSE exams
    I had 21 or there abouts as well. Exam timetable this year looks much less scary, until you realise my german speaking,reading, writing exam is two hours of hell :/

ReputationRep:
    I got my timetable several weeks ago though didn't count how many exams I have.
    I've not started revising and probably won't anytime soon tbh, it's like over a month away until the first exam.
    I'm looking forward to study leave though just so I can read without interruption.
    I don't now if I'll get much revising done. TBH I'm pretty sure what will happen is I'll revise the subjects I enjoy, and don't really need to revise for, almost recreationally(but not quite haha), and then leave it the night before(or the day of, depending on how much my sleeping pan gets screwed up haha) of the exam to revise the ones I dislike/am not that interested by.
    Hopefully it won't happen, but as I said, I'm pretty sure it will.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    I had 21 or there abouts as well. Exam timetable this year looks much less scary, until you realise my german speaking,reading, writing exam is two hours of hell :/
    It looks scary, I'm seriously panicking on how to get good grades in all of the subjects... What's german like, I never too the subject, I know I'm not looking forward to french listening though.

ReputationRep:
    It looks scary, I'm seriously panicking on how to get good grades in all of the subjects... What's german like, I never too the subject, I know I'm not looking forward to french listening though.
    I did German last year in Year 10, and doing the speaking scared me to high heavens, because it was totally new to me and I was in a room with scary year 11's :P all waiting!

I do Spanish this year, and I prefer it to German, because I enjoy Spanish more.

The listening and reading exams are fine! Good luck with your French! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lassiesuca)
    I did German last year in Year 10, and doing the speaking scared me to high heavens, because it was totally new to me and I was in a room with scary year 11's :P all waiting!

I do Spanish this year, and I prefer it to German, because I enjoy Spanish more.

The listening and reading exams are fine! Good luck with your French! x
    Thank you, I just never make out any words in the listening... But the board we are doing seems easy so that looks positive You did a language in one year woah! People do say spanish is much easier for some reason, good luck with you're spanish.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, our school takes very few exams early, and now I've got loads. I have retakes at the end of June so, I have to wait longer till I get a break. Wish I had your kind of motivation I've only got myself to look at my subjects briefly not any full on revision yet...
    SAME! We only did a few modules last year, and now I've got about a gazillion in a couple of weeks! I have 22 and no WAY have I started revising yet, it makes me scared hearing other people say how much they've revised already

ReputationRep:
    i have 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potatoesareveg)
    SAME! We only did a few modules last year, and now I've got about a gazillion in a couple of weeks! I have 22 and no WAY have I started revising yet, it makes me scared hearing other people say how much they've revised already
    I guess you have to hear people revise, this is TSR after all, what exams have you already done? I've done ten altogether. (I like your pic, Neville looks very cute)

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you, my last exam is on the 27th June. Statistics anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    Lucky you, my last exam is on the 27th June. Statistics anyone?
    Same my first is the 16th may and my last is the 27th June

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing german at AS this year. Fun, but hard work. DEfinately much more of an emphasis on learning vocab, than grammar this year. At GCSE the listening isnt too bad. If you're keeping French/Spanish/Russian/whatever to AS, DONT completely neglect it between your last language exam and going back in september.

Just have to get through the exams, 3 weeks off after my last exam (AS Chemistry Unit 2), start A2's, decide that I definately am NOT taking maths next year. Finish summer term, then a week in Berlin at the end of July!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.