Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was going to go to uni, applied for finance yada yada yada, but then had a gap year at the last minute.

I'm now applying for finance for when I start uni in september, and it's got all the details from the course I didn't go on for 2010/2011, (although I didn't get any money).... and I can't find anything I can click to say I didn't go on the course in the end.

Will this cause problems? Will I not get funding for the 3rd year? Will I have to pay back money I wasn't even given in the future?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Last year I was going to go to uni, applied for finance yada yada yada, but then had a gap year at the last minute.

I'm now applying for finance for when I start uni in september, and it's got all the details from the course I didn't go on for 2010/2011, (although I didn't get any money).... and I can't find anything I can click to say I didn't go on the course in the end.

Will this cause problems? Will I not get funding for the 3rd year? Will I have to pay back money I wasn't even given in the future?????
    You should have contacted Student Finance telling them to cancel your 2010/11 application. Now, you won't be able to make an application for September until you do this.

If you didn't get any money, you will still get funding for the full length of your course. If they have no record of you enrolling at your previous university choice, then they won't make you liable for repayments of money that you never received. They will keep a record of the fact you never persued the money.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.