Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a gap year student and have got my results from my January exams.
    So, does anyone know how long it takes for the UCAS offers change from "Conditional" to "UnConditional" ?

ReputationRep:
    means you have a place regardless of what you get in the summer congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    means you have a place regardless of what you get in the summer congratulations.
    Oh.. i mean.. does anyone know how long it takes for the UCAS offers change from "Conditional" to "UnConditional" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaeHK)
    Oh.. i mean.. does anyone know how long it takes for the UCAS offers change from "Conditional" to "UnConditional" ?
    it doesn't? it means if you meet the grades you have a place o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    it doesn't? it means if you meet the grades you have a place o.O
    I mean , my question was, how long does it take for the status to change... nvm.. lol i hope someone else understands
    Thx anyways mate

ReputationRep:
    any body

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, try emailing the unis and asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaeHK)
    I am a gap year student and have got my results from my January exams.
    So, does anyone know how long it takes for the UCAS offers change from "Conditional" to "UnConditional" ?
    Lol they won't change it until August (Results Day) . Universities are not informed about your January results..

If it bothers you that much, email them and inform them they'll probably get you to send the certificates over for verification then the offer will change to unconditional.

Hope I answered your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    Lol they won't change it until summer. Universities are not informed over your January results..

If it bothers you that much, email them and they'll probably get you to send the certificates over for verification then the offer will change to unconditional.

Hope I answered your question.
    Thx mate DDDD

ReputationRep:
    One last questions ))
    If i got the results the university was asking on UCAS will they change it to Unconditional offers 100% ?
    Or can they actually decline the offer even if i get the results they wanted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaeHK)
    One last questions ))
    If i got the results the university was asking on UCAS will they change it to Unconditional offers 100% ?
    Or can they actually decline the offer even if i get the results they wanted?
    Very likely providing you prove (certificates) that you've met the requirements.

Why would they decline the offer if you've met the conditions?

Stop overthinking the situation, get in contact with the university, if prompted send the proof then they should change it to an unconditional lol.

You have to tell them what grades you got. They're only sent to the uni at August as far as I know and thats only the final grades taken in summer. Not january.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    You have to tell them what grades you got. They're only sent to the uni at August as far as I know and thats only the final grades taken in summer. Not january.
    Thx to you all
    i would like to rep you guys all but it only alows me to rep one person each 24hours

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If you have met your terms and conditions, your offer will change from 'Conditional' to Unconditional' at the normal time - the day in which the summer exam results are released.

Although the universities do recieve your January module results, the UCAS system is not updated on the status of given offers or rejects until summer once ALL results have been released and your final A Level results issued. This is so people who do badly in January have another chance to meet the requirements and re-sit modules and because in the majority case, most offer holders have not finished thier A Levels to meet the requirements!

Though, I'm pretty sure you could email your university confriming you've already met your requirements and they would tell you you now had an unconditional place - CONGRATULATIONS - ...though again, on UCAS it will not change until Summer.

and for the record, once a University have offered you a place and you meet the requirements, they CANNOT withdraw their offer....you have met the conditions of the contract. All they could do is offer you a gap year which you do not have to accept.

(Original post by JaeHK)
    Thx to you all
    i would like to rep you guys all but it only alows me to rep one person each 24hours
    You can rep more than 1 person now. The rep system has changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slmccormack1)
    Hi,

If you have met your terms and conditions, your offer will change from 'Conditional' to Unconditional' at the normal time - the day in which the summer exam results are released.

Although the universities do recieve your January module results, the UCAS system is not updated on the status of given offers or rejects until summer once ALL results have been released and your final A Level results issued. This is so people who do badly in January have another chance to meet the requirements and re-sit modules and because in the majority case, most offer holders have not finished thier A Levels to meet the requirements!

Though, I'm pretty sure you could email your university confriming you've already met your requirements and they would tell you you now had an unconditional place - CONGRATULATIONS - ...though again, on UCAS it will not change until Summer.

and for the record, once a University have offered you a place and you meet the requirements, they CANNOT withdraw their offer....you have met the conditions of the contract. All they could do is offer you a gap year which you do not have to accept.
    Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaeHK)
    I mean , my question was, how long does it take for the status to change... nvm.. lol i hope someone else understands
    Thx anyways mate
    You need to forward your results to the uni yourself, otherwise it will take until Results Day in August, because the January results aren't sent over until then. Contact your uni and ask them what you need to send them and to whom.

ReputationRep:
    I just phoned UCAS because i'm in exactly the same position, they said the Universities get send your grades beginning of May so it should change then. You can either wait or contact your university but it should change in May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmt92)
    I just phoned UCAS because i'm in exactly the same position, they said the Universities get send your grades beginning of May so it should change then. You can either wait or contact your university but it should change in May.
    Oh? Is that new this year? In previous years everything's been held over until August, AFAIK.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.