Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    There's already a thread on this I think but to answer your question it prevents Gaddafi's forces from using aircraft to bomb ground targets/civilians or bring in more troops/weaponry.

Instead of build a massive strawman have you actually contributed anything to the discussion? Someone criticised Israel's bombing of Palestinian civilians and you play the "let's pretend they said they want the destruction of Israel and everything bad in the Arab world is because of Zionists" game.
    no, I was making the point that certain people tend to bring Israel into every bloody discussion about the middle east, as proven in this thread, Meanwhile in another thread some idiot is seriously wondering if the 2012 olympic logo spells zion.

its indicative of a wider malaise that affects our world and the arab world in particular, where every bad thing or anything at all really can be blamed on 'zionists' - from the idiotic dictator of Yemen blaming the protests in his country on Israel, to certain idiots in Egypt blaming bloody shark attacks on Mossad.

The world does not revolve around the Israel-palestine conflict.

anyway thats all I have to say on the matter, did not mean to take this off-topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balagan)
    no, I was making the point that certain people tend to bring Israel into every bloody discussion about the middle east, as proven in this thread, Meanwhile in another thread some idiot is seriously wondering if the 2012 olympic logo spells zion.

its indicative of a wider malaise that affects our world and the arab world in particular, where every bad thing or anything at all really can be blamed on 'zionists' - from the idiotic dictator of Yemen blaming the protests in his country on Israel, to certain idiots in Egypt blaming bloody shark attacks on Mossad.

The world does not revolve around the Israel-palestine conflict.

anyway thats all I have to say on the matter, did not mean to take this off-topic.
    Did you even read my post? The countries referred to in this thread: Libya, Bahrain, Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Bosnia. Posters were pointing out the hypocrisy of having a no fly zone in some of the countries listed but not in others, you've seen one of those countries and made an ironic post about how evil it is and how it's responsible for everything bad in the Arab world when that's clearly not what posters in this thread have said. They made a legitimate point about the hypocritical nature of a no fly zone in Libya and not in other countries and just because Israel gets criticised elsewhere you misrepresent the posts in this thread by pretending they said Israel is evil when they clearly didn't. What happens in other threads or what Ahmadinejad says is nothing to do with this. Get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    The Russians, who else?

Damn those Somalis.

Our 'sound guns' didn't work then? :rolleyes:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...385048,00.html
    Oh trust me, you'd rather take a chance with bullets than a sound wave that will deafen you permanently. It delivers a soundwave punch capable of blowing your ear drums.

300DB I heard? ****ing awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Did you even read my post? The countries referred to in this thread: Libya, Bahrain, Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Bosnia. Posters were pointing out the hypocrisy of having a no fly zone in some of the countries listed but not in others, you've seen one of those countries and made an ironic post about how evil it is and how it's responsible for everything bad in the Arab world when that's clearly not what posters in this thread have said. They made a legitimate point about the hypocritical nature of a no fly zone in Libya and not in other countries and just because Israel gets criticised elsewhere you misrepresent the posts in this thread by pretending they said Israel is evil when they clearly didn't. What happens in other threads or what Ahmadinejad says is nothing to do with this. Get a grip.
    Israel was brought up first, and a few times after as well - thats what ticked me off.

But whatever man, I can see your point and by discussing this further we are simply side-tracking this thread into talking about Israel which is what I was criticising in the first place

I am not going to say anything else on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)

-British ship gets sunk: What british ship? We haven't got any.
    The British have two ships already; HMS Cumberland, and HMS Westminster in International waters off Libya at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    What did flies ever do to them? let them buzz around in peace for gods sake...:bban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)
    What did flies ever do to them? let them buzz around in peace for gods sake...:bban:
    I had a very similar joke to make but I guess you've ninja'd me fair 'n' square.

ReputationRep:
    There's already a thread on this I think but to answer your question it prevents Gaddafi's forces from using aircraft to bomb ground targets/civilians or bring in more troops/weaponry.

Instead of build a massive strawman have you actually contributed anything to the discussion? Someone criticised Israel's bombing of Palestinian civilians and you play the "let's pretend they said they want the destruction of Israel and everything bad in the Arab world is because of Zionists" game.
    Wish I could spot stuff like that. Might have past my crit think AS!

ReputationRep:
    A fighter jet was shot down:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12794589

It's not known though, whos jet it was.

ReputationRep:

Mate, accusing a jew/zionist of strawman tactics is not allowed! It’s THEIR secret weapon against us gentiles (see israel/Palestine conflict threads), along with telling us we are illiterate, retarded or mongoloid. They now think you are one of them but that you have become a traitorous goy. Mossad is on its way as we speak and it’s no good running off to South America and growing a moustache. Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.