Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Metallica. Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth watch

(Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Don't try to make me believe you. My friend who's a ridiculously huge Megadeth fan would kill you.
    Ok ok I stand corrected :getmecoat:

Shows how much I listen to them :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :getmecoat:

I'd warn you too, single smilies are spam :p:
    Sorry, but the band is actually spelt 'MegaDeth'.
    It's a reference to the unit that signifies a million people killed in a nuclear explosion. Mustaine altered the spelling of Megadeath, to MegaDeth, as Pink Floyd's old band name was "The Megadeaths" and so to avoid copyright.

ReputationRep:
    yeah if i was you i would just watch their live dvd from sofia last year
    the songs will be only slightly different
    except for metallica - ive never seen them before but their set list is less predictable from what ive heard (master of puppets, creeping death, etc are guaranteed though)
    also i recommend looking up ecstasy of gold so you can sing along to the intro before metallica come onstage

(Original post by CapnHooch)
    Sorry, but the band is actually spelt 'MegaDeth'.
    It's a reference to the unit that signifies a million people killed in a nuclear explosion. Mustaine altered the spelling of Megadeath, to MegaDeth, as Pink Floyd's old band name was "The Megadeaths" and so to avoid copyright.
    I don't need to be told twice :p:

Thats some cool info :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    i don't understand this comment ..........are you suggesting that i shouldn't go because there are people who deserve to go more than me ? are you saying it will be more fair that way

No-one is stopping you from going. how everything folds out in life is up to you. I've manage to put my self in a position to afford to go to a festival this summer(whether youthink i deserve to or not). If you haven't been able to do that ... that's not my fault. And don't say it's not fair because you've had the choice to have made that difference (from whether you could go or not)

sorry i just had to get that out because that statement really annoyed me

but however thanks for the list of songs from the bands ... thats what i was asking for so i could download some songs to start of with. i'll check them out now
    I am just being an embittered ******* as normal, I'm not saying you shouldn't go I am just so upset that I can't go. Then again the bands on the other days motorhead aside are complete rubbish, so at least that is a saving grace, I have seen slayer before as well. Didn't mean to offend you or sound like a ********.

Anyway after my ranting I thought I would help, those setlists are probably somewhat like what they will play.

ReputationRep:
    Anthrax, Testament, Exodus, Coroner

YEAH!12

ReputationRep:
    Who here has not bought their Sonisphere ticket yet?

ReputationRep:
    Testament and Exodus are better than all of them. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh wow. Some killer hair metal, brah.

ReputationRep:
    for those of you who cant decide whether to come or not, just take a look at this:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.