Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tracy barlow off corrie.

we also have loads of emerdale people come visit the town, and mark from take that lives down the road, so all that crew sometimes come up.

and my sister got drunk with fiz from corrie once...

quite a few famous people visit round my way

ReputationRep:
    Christian Bale went to the local boy's school :awesome:

...no one interesting went to my college though.

ReputationRep:
    David Miliband, Joe Cole...dunno if their are any others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertinedreamer)
    My school is prob the worst in the world, so no famous ppl went there. But Harold shipman was my doctor and I used to see Ricky hatton all the time!
    Can't be worse than mine. The only famous person from my school was this girl that a few years after she left was found participating on a ritual to Satan, sacrificing animals and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    You live around Gants hill?
    Yes... :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    everyone famous has been to be my brothers school mumford and sons, prince alexander romanov, charles dickens jr, ben barnes, khalid abdalla (guy in the kite runner). the page on wikipedia goes on forever.

ReputationRep:
    victor moses but thats about it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Colin Firth is going to send his son to the school/sixth form I left in 2010...
    st james?

ReputationRep:
    The band The Feeling went to my school (well 3 of them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Christian Bale went to the local boy's school :awesome:

...no one interesting went to my college though.
    Ahhhhhhhh Christian Bale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody really famous from school (except a few people from pop idol/Britain's got talent)
    But Dany Boyle (director of Slumdog Millionaire) went to my university, and the fictional character Bridget Jones also went here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Mark Addy [the fat one from The Full Monty and A Knight's Tale] went to my school, Graeme Le Saux went to my dad's.
    What school did your dad go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)

Colin Firth went to my college
    Ooh, i've got a place to go there in september

Not sure if i will though, do you like it?

ReputationRep:
    Eric Clapton.

He's the only famous person who attended my secondary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimus777)
    Ooh, i've got a place to go there in september

Not sure if i will though, do you like it?
    Barton? (Not sure if Colin Firth went to any other colleges... seem to remember someone saying he did).

I like Barton yeah. Good facilities and nice people. Seems to be a bit of a lottery teaching wise, but my friends from Symonds say it's the same thing there... my teachers are all fine.

Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABCI23)
    Colchester sixth form? Snap.
    Yep,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Barton? (Not sure if Colin Firth went to any other colleges... seem to remember someone saying he did).

I like Barton yeah. Good facilities and nice people. Seems to be a bit of a lottery teaching wise, but my friends from Symonds say it's the same thing there... my teachers are all fine.

Where else have you applied?
    Yeah, barton. (i saw that you had your location as southampton so was pretty sure that that was where you meant )

I've applied to symonds as well, that's where my sister and a lot of my friends went so i'm probably going to go there. But i don't really know anyone from barton so i was quite interested to get some opinions on it. (I'll be doing mostly sciences and french btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimus777)
    Yeah, barton. (i saw that you had your location as southampton so was pretty sure that that was where you meant )

I've applied to symonds as well, that's where my sister and a lot of my friends went so i'm probably going to go there. But i don't really know anyone from barton so i was quite interested to get some opinions on it. (I'll be doing mostly sciences and french btw)
    Well I applied to Symonds and most of my friends went there, but I didn't get in. If you know lots of people that are going there then I guess it should be your first choice, but if you don't get in or decide you don't like it then I think Barton is equally as good, judging by what my Symonds friends say.

I can't really comment on the science or french teachers I'm afraid, I don't do any of those subjects.

ReputationRep:
    some football player marouane chamakh went to my school which I went to when I lived in France.

and katie price went to my other secondary school ,lulz

ReputationRep:
    AS Byatt for any literature nerds out there

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.