Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jo Brand - she performed at speech day when I was in Year 7, and therefore too young to attend speech day.

ReputationRep:
    Ed Sheeran :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lourdes, Madonna's daughter.

ReputationRep:
    The guy who co-founded the Independent
    A man who may or may not have been the first person to climb Everest
    Kevin Sampson who wrote Away Days.

And Patricia Routledge went to my old school.

ReputationRep:
    Bradon Forest in Swindon played host to Billy Piper and 'Matthew Mills'. Plays footie apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyptic Fish)
    Eric Clapton.
    I think we have a winner! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Plan B and Bobby Moore came to my school! The one who led England to victory in the World Cup in the 1960s!

ReputationRep:
    Lucas of Eastenders ... too bad he went crazy and tried to convert prostitutes ...

ReputationRep:
    Mark Benton I think :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doskey)
    Neville Longbottom?? You win.
    Yeah, then he moved away when he got the part so wasn't here long at all.

He still lives in Horsforth where he's from

In fact about 10 minutes ago I was walking with my girlfriend when I saw him pulling into the car park and going for a pint in the local

ReputationRep:
    Emily Benn went to my school. she was the Labour party's youngest ever candidate. She isn't really famous but I guess she is notable.

Rebecca Romero also came to my school. she won a gold medal at the 2004 and 2008 olympics. She isn't famous either but notable.

that's all really.

ReputationRep:
    why has the above post got a neg rating

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this counts but Mario Balotelli parked his car inside my college and just went for a piss...

ReputationRep:
    One of the two founders of Mensa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    I don't know if this counts but Mario Balotelli parked his car inside my college and just went for a piss...
    heard about that , did you talk to him?

ReputationRep:
    Andrew Trimble - Ulster and Irish Rugby Player
    James Nesbitt - Cold Feed and The Hobbit

My school also had 3 Olympians at 2008. The most from one school in the same sport (Rowing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    heard about that , did you talk to him?
    Nah I was in lesson I only saw him pulling out with his sexy car.

ReputationRep:
    Not really celebrities, but several sportspeople though. We've got a team GB trampolinist, team GB water polo player and an England rounders player. Several footballers who are on the brink of first teams (George Taft @ LCFC, year above me) have left in the last couple years, and Dan McLay is a teamGB cyclist and world junior champion who was here a year before me..

ReputationRep:
    J.K. Rowling went to mine (Wyedean)! The school library is called "The J.K. Rowling Library", and when it was officially opened under that name she visited the school - but barely anyone saw her because she hated her time there due to bullying and didn't want to hang around. The man who inspired Professor Snape was a teacher at the school as well, and the lady who inspired Professor Sprout used to be my neighbour (I come from the Forest of Dean, a setting she used in the final book!)

Best conversation about Jo's visit that I ever heard while I was at the school:
    (Between a group of year eight boys)
    Boy one: "Did you hear J.K. Rowling came here a few years ago to open the library?!"
    Boy two: "Yeah, my sister said nobody got to see her though."
    Boy three: "Ha, maybe she Apparated!"
    Boy one: "Don't be stupid, you can't Apparate within school grounds."

ReputationRep:
    Lily Allen went to my college. Just the one in London :L
    Quite a few famous people went to the London version of my college

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.