Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Amy whinehouses niece went mine or her god daughter i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    a few pupils at my school interviewed Gary Speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kezzi)
    J.K. Rowling went to mine (Wyedean)! c: The school library is called "The J.K. Rowling Library", and when it was officially opened under that name she visited the school - but barely anyone saw her, because she hated her time there due to bullying and didn't want to hang around. The man who inspired Professor Snape was a teacher at the school as well, and the lady who inspired Professor Sprout used to be my neighbour (I come from the Forest of Dean, a setting she used in the final book, haha).

Best conversation about Jo's visit that I ever heard while I was at the school:
    (Between a group of year eight boys)
    Boy one: "Did you hear J.K. Rowling came here a few years ago to open the library?!"
    Boy two: "Yeah, my sister said nobody got to see her though."
    Boy three: "Ha, maybe she Apparated!"
    Boy one: "Don't be stupid, you can't Apparate within school grounds."
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Ivan Klansic visited my school after i left

ReputationRep:
    Madonna's daughter goes to my school. And David Guetta's kids go to my old primary school apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Ed Westwick of Gossip Girl fame, golfer Ian Poulter and Derby County player Jason Shackell were at my old school (Barclay School in Stevenage) full-time, and Manchester United's Ashley Young was also a guest-student at the Post 16 department.

ReputationRep:
    No on that famous has attended my high school but Michael Buble went to a one that's about 10 minutes away.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Epstien from the Apprentice :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    I don't know if this counts but Mario Balotelli parked his car inside my college and just went for a piss...
    Anthony Burgess (author of A Clockwork Orange), Sally Lindsay (used to be in Coronation Street), Chris Ofili (Turner prize winner), Caroline Aherne (wrote and starred in the Royle Family), Shaun Wright-Phillips (footballer) and quite a few others actually attended your college as students as well presummably going for the occasional ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sagederby)
    Anthony Burgess (author of A Clockwork Orange), Sally Lindsay (used to be in Coronation Street), Chris Ofili (Turner prize winner), Caroline Aherne (wrote and starred in the Royle Family), Shaun Wright-Phillips (footballer) and quite a few others actually attended you college as students as well presummably going for the occasional ....
    None of them as interesting as Super Mario

ReputationRep:
    No one...

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    second bump

ReputationRep:
    third bump

ReputationRep:
    John Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Alesha Dixon, Jaguar Skills and a few footballers
    YOU KNOW WHO JAGUAR SKILLS IS!?!?!

Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    YOU KNOW WHO JAGUAR SKILLS IS!?!?!

Awesome.
    Nope, no idea, this is just from my school's Wikipedia page.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Beardyman.

I think that tops the list

ReputationRep:
    Robbie Williams, and the school never lets us forget it either :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.