Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

haven't had my period for 3 months! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    however i eat about 900-1000 calories a day so it's not like i'm starving myself.

can't help but be worried something's up
    Daily guideline amount of calories for women is 2000 so technically you're starving yourself every other day / starving almost four days out of every week. That's dangerously low, you could get on supersize vs superskinny with that diet

ReputationRep:
    You know it takes up to a year for your periods to go back to a normal pattern. When I came off the pill it literally took me over a year for my periods to become regular again...

ReputationRep:
    not getting your period leads to an increased risk or osteoporosis and arthritis, please see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    1. do a pregancy test, if you haven't already
    2. 900 calories per day is not enough. you need to eat more, and make sure you include a wide range of fresh fruit & vegetables, fat & protein sources, vitamins and minerals. Vitamin tablets may be a good idea, esp if you're a vegetarian/vegan.
    3. see your GP or visit your local well-woman clinic

ReputationRep:
    i split up with my bf and came off the pill (microgynon 30) last september and after that my period was really light, more like spotting that lasted just a day each month. (before, my period would be medium-heavy and last 5-6 days.)

but in jan, feb and now march i haven't had a period at all. help! i'm not pregnant. is it likely to be something to do with coming off the pill?
    i don't think it's to do with weight, although i'm almost underweight, my bmi is 19. however i eat about 900-1000 calories a day so it's not like i'm starving myself.

900-1000 ain't healthy. You should consume near 2000... but from good sources. You might be lacking Iron, i'd go see a doctor, otherwise eat green veggies and lean red meat.

ReputationRep:
    You are eating around half the amount you should. That is not great

ReputationRep:
    i split up with my bf and came off the pill (microgynon 30) last september and after that my period was really light, more like spotting that lasted just a day each month. (before, my period would be medium-heavy and last 5-6 days.)

but in jan, feb and now march i haven't had a period at all. help! i'm not pregnant. is it likely to be something to do with coming off the pill?
    i don't think it's to do with weight, although i'm almost underweight, my bmi is 19. however i eat about 900-1000 calories a day so it's not like i'm starving myself.

you're pregnant, quick get an abortion now before the deadline!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.