Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am about to begin my revision for my A2 summer exams and I'm feeling fairly worried

I was wondering how much time do grade A students put into their revision? So how many hours revision a day do you do? And also what revision techniques do you use? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it varies between people, but I revise a lot. Specially in the weeks leading up to the exams. For example in the last 2 weeks of prep I will revise an hour a night on each subject.

ReputationRep:
    I do a few hours a day one subject, then repeat for my other subjects.
    I just read and take in information from textbooks and then do as many past paper question I can get my hands on.
    It all depends on the individual really. Some learn better by doing mindmaps whereas I just end up staring at them pointlessly.
    Also try and build an exam technique by learning what examiners are looking for: examiner comments may help in this.
    =]

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start my revision at Easter and gradually build up the amount of time I revise each day and then completely cram the day before the exam. Works for me

ReputationRep:
    I start slowly revising in March and then by Easter I am revising 3 hours a day every day until the fateful exams. I do three 'bookish' A-levels though so most of my revision comprises reading and writing essays.

ReputationRep:
    I revise until I know everything.
    There's no set amount of time that will get you an A.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to do the odd little bit here n there from over the weeks around Easter. From Easter onwards il average maybe 1.5 hours a day in total. When it gets to within a week or so of an exam I start to cram thats what works for me.

But as someone else said, its a matter of revising until you feel confident that you know it all

ReputationRep:
    Get at least 8 hours sleep a day, and spend the rest revising with regular breaks.
    Take Saturdays and Fridays after school off. Other than that, revise, revise and revise!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I do barely anything until 2/3 weeks before my first exam when I just stop watching TV and timetable my week so that I allocate time for revising each day (usually about five hours of it) and sleep early aaah... I'm in trouble this year though the little amount of work I've done. I'm hoping I can pull a Leo and miraculously come out with As again. My maths teachers' faces at my AS result haha - highest I'd got in a school test was 47%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Get at least 8 hours sleep a day, and spend the rest revising with regular breaks.
    Take Saturdays and Fridays after school off. Other than that, revise, revise and revise!
    This basically ^^^

ReputationRep:
    I tend to revise more in free periods in college as there are no distractions, so soon i will disactive my fb and hide my phone and do an average of 3 hours a day!

ReputationRep:
    I have a revision timetable that gives me 19 hours a week over 5 days, I'll probably do that, with some freestyle revision put in at the weekend
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Start revising straight away, even if its just slowly. First thing you do is make sure you understand everything, after you understand everything comes the memorising. If you have any subjects like Biology, Psychology or History which require a lot of memorising different studies or dates then you should have started on these already. Just read your textbook and make notes over and over again until you have completely memorised it. After this is done (Hopefully about a month before the exams) comes the past papers. ESPECIALLY for maths, I don't do anything else for maths except past papers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I started revising 2 weeks before the summer exams. I regret leaving it that late. I was working solidly for those 2 weeks. It was not fun and rather stressful.

Revise early and spread it out more. In future I shall do all my revision as I'm going along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS93)
    I am about to begin my revision for my A2 summer exams and I'm feeling fairly worried

I was wondering how much time do grade A students put into their revision? So how many hours revision a day do you do? And also what revision techniques do you use? :confused:
    I revise everyday from sun up till sun down. Then I relax, sleep and repeat the process.

I hate school. Its such a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Obviously it varies between people, but I revise a lot. Specially in the weeks leading up to the exams. For example in the last 2 weeks of prep I will revise an hour a night on each subject.
    is that it? I do a few hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leodora)
    Lol I do barely anything until 2/3 weeks before my first exam when I just stop watching TV and timetable my week so that I allocate time for revising each day (usually about five hours of it) and sleep early aaah... I'm in trouble this year though the little amount of work I've done. I'm hoping I can pull a Leo and miraculously come out with As again. My maths teachers' faces at my AS result haha - highest I'd got in a school test was 47%
    LIAR

ReputationRep:
    so often you have to measure it in Hz

ReputationRep:
    5 hours a day and its killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gchaggar75)
    LIAR
    Probably not I did similar thing with my AS maths too left it too late strangely it worked I got higher grade in it than my subjects that I spent so much studying.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.