pinocchio! Watch

tatt13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well, tonight i was baby-sitting this little girl, and we were watching pinocchio....

lately we have been watching some disney films, and i don't know maybe because i'm now eighteen i pay more attention to little details...

the thing is that long ago i heard that walt disney was nazi, don't know if it is true or no, but the thing is that when i was watching pinocchio, is seems to me like in some parts pinocchio looks quite a lot like hitler, as when gepetto is approching pichoccio to the little fish tank, and because of the glass its face deformes and in one of those deformation he looks like hitler, another one, is at the end of his perfomance whe he was singing 'without strings' he falls and he gets up with a piece of wood hanging on his nose, simulating a moustache, and same he looks like hitler, at finally whe he in pleasure land and the cigarette explodes on his face simulating a moustache again. besides he's got blue eyes and dark hair just like hitler, and is quite short.

what do u think?
Lewroll
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone knows Disney was racist. But everyone was back then apparently, no excuse imo
darkxangel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
rylit91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just because someone is, or was rather, anti-Semitic doesn't mean they're a Nazi.
tatt13
Rep:
?
(Original post by rylit91)
Just because someone is, or was rather, anti-Semitic doesn't mean they're a Nazi.
i just don't understand why did they do pinocchio so similar to hitler...
rylit91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tatt13)
i just don't understand why did they do pinocchio so similar to hitler...
Maybe it was unintentional. Given that it was released in 1940, so probably started making it before the war, Hitler would have been in the press like any other world leader would today. With so much exposure perhaps certain characteristics and features were just floating around in his head and he subconsciously added them in. It happens all the time, you see something and subconsciously make a mental note of it. Poor reference, but JK Rowling thought she'd invented the name Dumbledore but someone told her that it was the latin name for plant, to which she concluded that she'd probably seen it at Kew Gardens and made a subconscious note of it.

Orrrrrr, it might just be a coincidence :dontknow:
tatt13
Rep:
?
(Original post by rylit91)
Maybe it was unintentional. Given that it was released in 1940, so probably started making it before the war, Hitler would have been in the press like any other world leader would today. With so much exposure perhaps certain characteristics and features were just floating around in his head and he subconsciously added them in. It happens all the time, you see something and subconsciously make a mental note of it. Poor reference, but JK Rowling thought she'd invented the name Dumbledore but someone told her that it was the latin name for plant, to which she concluded that she'd probably seen it at Kew Gardens and made a subconscious note of it.

Orrrrrr, it might just be a coincidence :dontknow:
goo point
Jabberwox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm bumping a very old thread because I've been watching a lot of Pinocchio lately, but I have to say I really don't think I've heard such rubbish it's said that Walt Disney was anti-Semitic, but that doesn't mean he designed Pinocchio to look like Hitler.

On documentaries of the making of Pinocchio I discovered that the original design for Pinocchio was of a rather strange-looking wooden man but Disney apparently said he wasn't charming and cute enough, so they revised the character to look like an innocent little boy. I really don't think there were any Hitler intentions there
blahblahblah1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow your really really observant. I don't think I'd ever pick up on things like that. There are a lot of rumors about disneys 'hidden motives' whether they are true or not I don't know. It wouldn't suprise me though.
Jabberwox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by blahblahblah1)
Wow your really really observant. I don't think I'd ever pick up on things like that. There are a lot of rumors about disneys 'hidden motives' whether they are true or not I don't know. It wouldn't suprise me though.
I really hope it isn't true. That'd ruin Pinocchio for me.
Wirral
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I see a sinister resemblance between Goebbels and Donald Duck

Name:  goebbels.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  191.2 KB Name:  DD1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  43.4 KB
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (534)
36.7%
are desperate for students (921)
63.3%

Watched Threads