Turn on thread page Beta

How do you look after a new born baby? watch

..............? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well that's a bit random. No one will be able to answer that question for you, especially not in a post on an internet forum!

ReputationRep:
    Attend to its needs, that's how.

Are you serious? Amazon.co.uk, Raising Children. Or Google.

If you had a puppy, it is the same only a baby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    Well that's a bit random. No one will be able to answer that question for you, especially not in a post on an internet forum!
    Well actually, I could answer that question, and I could do that on TSR... what a stupid post.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of cotton wool and warm water.

And breast milk, if you have any.

ReputationRep:
    Ask the midwife for help, attend a few classes and read lots and lots of books on the subject! You can also do work experience at various places such as the maternity wards, or the special care baby unit to try and gain more experience on it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually asking this question!? Good lord.

ReputationRep:
    Feed it
    Wash it
    Hold it (CAREFULLY!)
    Watch it grow up and drain you of all your money
    Watch it turn from a cute child into a rude spotty teenager
    Watch it leave you forever

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Feed it, nap it, burp it, hold it,
    walk it, wash it, dry it, love it,
    teach it, heal it, poop it, wipe it,
    start format it.

ReputationRep:
    It's too hard, lob it in the nearest bin is what I'd do.

ReputationRep:
    Feed, burp, change nappy, rock to sleep... repeat.
    As they get older there'll be things added to the list bit by bit. Also, check for fevers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ..............? :confused:
    Why? Are you babysitting? Are you pregnant? Do you want to have a child?

Babies need care, attention, food, financial support, constant supervision and that's just to name a few things.

It's hard to know what to say because we don't know your situation but I would say that you should look into parental classes, go to the library, ask friends that have children etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)

If you had a puppy, it is the same only a baby
    lol

(Original post by Janey142)
    Why? Are you babysitting? Are you pregnant? Do you want to have a child?

Babies need care, attention, food, financial support, constant supervision and that's just to name a few things.

It's hard to know what to say because we don't know your situation but I would say that you should look into parental classes, go to the library, ask friends that have children etc.
    Having a baby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Well actually, I could answer that question, and I could do that on TSR... what a stupid post.
    No one can tell you how to look after your baby???? They can give you guidance of course, but every kid is different and all that crap. And how could you tell them on TSR, there are millions of huge books written on looking after babies, I'm sure there are some sort of character limits on these internet forums. Attend to its needs is not exactly a helpful answer because it is so darn obvious! I'm sure anyone who actually asks the OP's question wants a more substantial answer than that.

I say read books.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    What specifically do you need to know? Any idiot knows that a newborn baby needs food, sleep, love, attention, nappy changing when it is mucky.....

it's a very broad question.

I can answer pretty much any question you throw at me. I've got 3 kids, my youngest is only 17 months old. However "how do you look after a newborn baby" is far too vague.

Try being more specific

ReputationRep:
    Please don't tell me you're pregnant.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Having a baby
    You need to buy a book on raising a child and read it also go to mothering classes or whatever they are called.

Have you asked your own mother?

(Original post by Elf.)
    Please don't tell me you're pregnant.
    Yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.