Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh and can I just say, you'll have more luck here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=669414

(Original post by tehFrance)
    You need to buy a book on raising a child and read it also go to mothering classes or whatever they are called.

Have you asked your own mother?
    No. She doesn't know.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No. She doesn't know.
    :lolwut:

are you just being strange?

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    :lolwut:

are you just being strange?
    No She doesn't know that i'm pregnant that's what I ment.

ReputationRep:
    Instincts, surely? :curious: Why not Google, rather than ask a forum full of young students most of whom have no experience of parenting?

EDIT: OH yeah, there's that Parenting Society on TSR too

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Well, I'm sorry for you, if that's not what you wanted right now
    It's a very life changing thing but a very exciting thing I can imagine. Think of the new life you have created and think how you'd do things differently to how your mom and dad did for you.. Yeah, mothering classes may be a good idea, read books do whatever you can.. Afraid I don't have any advice as I've never had a baby myself but ask specific practical questions and you'll probably get some useful answers.
    With little ones you'll find there's a lot of support out there as it's in societies collective nature to raise the young well . Though I know you'll find most of it instinctive and natural when it comes round to it though you are absolutely terrified right now.
    Good luck with everything, xo

ReputationRep:
    No. She doesn't know.
    How can your own mother not know??? How are you alive then? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, there are classes, books, and channels on Sky, that will help you. Also ask your Dr, if he/she can help in some manner, and ask any relatives or your friend's mum for tips as well?

O.o

ReputationRep:
    Having a baby
    Congrats. Are you far along? Best thing is get talking to a Midwife, go to parental classes and make sure you contact your local job Centre with regard to benefits such as Sure Start Maternity Grant etc if you haven't already. Can you ask your mum or other relatives and friends for advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humble_bumble)
    How can your own mother not know??? How are you alive then? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, there are classes, books, and channels on Sky, that will help you. Also ask your Dr, if he/she can help in some manner, and ask any relatives or your friend's mum for tips as well?

O.o
    Her mother doesn't know shes pregnant.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No She doesn't know that i'm pregnant that's what I ment.
    ah okay. well....she's kinda gonna know sooner or later.

how old are you? are you with the father? are you ready for this? you seem to be in quite perplexed.

I do strongly recommend that you join us in the Pregnancy and Parenting Society. There are lots of lovely ladies on there who can give you advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    No one can tell you how to look after your baby???? They can give you guidance of course, but every kid is different and all that crap. And how could you tell them on TSR, there are millions of huge books written on looking after babies, I'm sure there are some sort of character limits on these internet forums. Attend to its needs is not exactly a helpful answer because it is so darn obvious! I'm sure anyone who actually asks the OP's question wants a more substantial answer than that.

I say read books.
    Were talking about a new born baby, which can't run around and cause trouble, can't swear. Every baby is the same until they start to develop.

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    ah okay. well....she's kinda gonna know sooner or later.

how old are you? are you with the father? are you ready for this? you seem to be in quite perplexed.

I do strongly recommend that you join us in the Pregnancy and Parenting Society. There are lots of lovely ladies on there who can give you advice.
    Im 19

ReputationRep:
    Ask Josef Fritzl

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but where have you been all your life? Are you a hermit?!

Babies are exactly like you & me but are smaller & needier. The main reasons they cry is because they are sick, tired, hungry, thirsty, too hot, too cold, lonely, scared, need the loo, or have just gone & want their nappies changing. Basically, it's best just to use the process of elimination to determine exactly what it is they want when they're crying!

Luckily for most babies usually sleep for the majority of the day. Toddlers are exactly the same, just bigger & louder...just give them more toys, that should ought to distract them & get them through the day. I've heard the word 'no' is needed to be used more with a toddler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maton_91)
    Ask Josef Fritzl
    Hahaaa this made me LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Poke it.

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit of a broad question...

ReputationRep:
    ..............? :confused:
    So you popped a pup recently?

gratz, is it a black or crackah?

ReputationRep:
    No. She doesn't know.
    I suggest you do what people have suggested and get a book, also ask people who have had babies for advice such as your parents maybe or family.

ReputationRep:
    shake baby violently

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.