Turn on thread page Beta

Lily Allen's Boutique - Will it Fail? watch

ReputationRep:
    Loved the Lily Allen's Riches to Rags doc. But I was really shocked at the high prices of her stuff in her new boutique. And not too impressed with her 'flaky' sister going to LA and buying clothes that she thinks people will pay £600 to buy! Will it be a success or a failure? The bets are on!!

ReputationRep:
    i want to make a joke in bad taste about failure

no prizes for guessing what

man i'm a ***** =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarrissa)
    Loved the Lily Allen's Riches to Rags doc. But I was really shocked at the high prices of her stuff in her new boutique. And not too impressed with her 'flaky' sister going to LA and buying clothes that she thinks people will pay £600 to buy! Will it be a success or a failure? The bets are on!!
    just posting as 1st person so as to say:
    modem was ere 18th march

edit:i was beaten for writing the abve essay

ReputationRep:
    Really disappointed to see how expensive her clothes were

ReputationRep:
    Well its already been quite successful

ReputationRep:
    It's a boutique so clothes will be expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evanesyne)
    It's a boutique so clothes will be expensive.
    So why should a boutique charge £600? It's taking the pi**.I understand they have to charge a bit more but it's not right to screw people over. Lily Allen's boutique is charging hundreds of pounds for second hand designer clothes. For a bit more you could get the NEW designer pieces. I really liked Lily after watching the doc and I do want her to succeed in fashion retail as great as she did with her music career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anya~)
    i want to make a joke in bad taste about failure

no prizes for guessing what

man i'm a ***** =/
    Go on. Give us some bad taste!

ReputationRep:
    A lovely girl but her laugh really annoyed me.

ReputationRep:
    You just reminded me to watch it. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modem)
    just posting as 1st person so as to say:
    modem was ere 18th march

edit:i was beaten for writing the abve essay
    Can you explain properly love? Make yourself clear. Your message makes no sense. Try again darling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    You just reminded me to watch it. Cheers!
    You're welcome. It's good viewing! Lily is so candid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    A lovely girl but her laugh really annoyed me.
    Was a bit annoying but I thought she was surprisingly warm, sensitive and normal. I wish I'd seen more of her fella. Just a glimpse we got. Not enough.

ReputationRep:
    Was a bit annoying but I thought she was surprisingly warm, sensitive and normal. I wish I'd seen more of her fella. Just a glimpse we got. Not enough.
    Mhmm she struck me as very down to earth

ReputationRep:
    So why should a boutique charge £600? It's taking the pi**.I understand they have to charge a bit more but it's not right to screw people over. Lily Allen's boutique is charging hundreds of pounds for second hand designer clothes. For a bit more you could get the NEW designer pieces. I really liked Lily after watching the doc and I do want her to succeed in fashion retail as great as she did with her music career.
    It's still designer and still good quality. People will pay it, people do pay it how much would you suggest 2nd hand designer wear is sold for?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want it to fail but her sister buying all them expensive clothes won't help her.
    She came across as honest but a bit rude. "I like it when people say nice things about my music, that's it." :/ What about the people who buy your music?
    Ah well!

ReputationRep:
    The fact that she'd spent the best part of £250k on starting up a business when she'd failed to even secure a property is absolutely disgraceful.

Really goes to show that just because you've earned a lot of money, it doesn't make you an entrepreneur. She literally has NO business sense whatsoever.

Give me 20k and I'm pretty confident I could make successful business.

She knew nothing about her target audience, nothing about her competition and walked out after hearing people saying they wouldn't buy from her shop because it was linked to her name.

I'm sorry but Lily Allen is no more a businesswoman than I am God.

To answer the question, no it won't fail; but not because Lily Allen is as inept a business woman as she is a singer, it will succeed because she has hired people to do the work for her - Mary Portas is a genius. So, yes it will succeed, but not because Lily Allen's got anything to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it's gonna work to be honest. Her prices are too high for loans and the Lily Allen fans aren't exactly everywhere. I, myself, don't dislike her though o_o

ReputationRep:
    tryna capitalise on pity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The fact that she'd spent the best part of £250k on starting up a business when she'd failed to even secure a property is absolutely disgraceful.

Really goes to show that just because you've earned a lot of money, it doesn't make you an entrepreneur. She literally has NO business sense whatsoever.

Give me 20k and I'm pretty confident I could make successful business.

She knew nothing about her target audience, nothing about her competition and walked out after hearing people saying they wouldn't buy from her shop because it was linked to her name.

I'm sorry but Lily Allen is no more a businesswoman than I am God.

To answer the question, no it won't fail; but not because Lily Allen is as inept a business woman as she is a singer, it will succeed because she has hired people to do the work for her - Mary Portas is a genius. So, yes it will succeed, but not because Lily Allen's got anything to do with it.
    TBH I think you're being a bit harsh. She's been honest about the fact that she has no experience from the start & she's obviously got a lot to learn before she has the acumen necessary to be a successful businesswoman but that doesn't mean she won't make it happen!

I think most people would have to learn a lot unless they have a business degree or something. It's easy to criticise and say you'd do a better job but in reality hard to fulfil on that assertion. xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.