Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent help needed for Mortitia Adams! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm blonde and have been all my life. For the past few weeks, I've thought about dying my hair a nice goldeney brown, just for a change and because I got bored with my look.

So today, i went out and brought Garnier Nutrisse cappuccino, which is supposed to be a golden brown. I left it on for the right amount of time. Before I rinsed it, it looked kind of dark, but I figured it would go lighter once rinsed and dried.

Wrong! It's almost black! As you can see from my profile, I am a very pale girl, and this has made me look like something from Haloween! I look like a goth, which was not what I was going for. I also think it emphasizes by forehead, and makes it look huge and white.

It really is terrible. Is there any way of lightening it v. quickly, without bleaching it? I don't really have much money to go to a salon. Is there any kind of shampoo etc that would strip it safely bit by bit? Thanks

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    picsfast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modem)
    picsfast?
    What do you need pics for? No way am I taking pics looking like this :eek:

I just need advice on how to lighten it quickly

ReputationRep:
    Is it a permanent dye?

You'd probably need it stripped or bleached, both best done at a salon.

Before anyone suggests the B4 hair colour remover, it's likely to turn you a bit ginger.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy a stripper for your hair from the shops. Also, you could put lemon juice on it continiously, and it will get lighter and ligher. I'd say visit the hairdressers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperkissx)
    Is it a permanent dye?

You'd probably need it stripped or bleached, both best done at a salon.

Before anyone suggests the B4 hair colour remover, it's likely to turn you a bit ginger.
    Yeah, it's permanent. I just can't believe how awful it looks on me, I guess I was just meant to stay blonde. I know this sounds stupid, but if I washed it over and over again in the shower, would that fade it a bit? I think it'd be ok if I could just get it a couple of shades lighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura loo)
    What do you need pics for? No way am I taking pics looking like this :eek:

I just need advice on how to lighten it quickly
    fetish section of fapbank?what else

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's permanent. I just can't believe how awful it looks on me, I guess I was just meant to stay blonde. I know this sounds stupid, but if I washed it over and over again in the shower, would that fade it a bit? I think it'd be ok if I could just get it a couple of shades lighter.
    It would lighten it a little yeah, but to dye it back to your original blonde the existing black color needs to be stripped off of your hair, and then the hair needs to be re-colored with blonde hair dye.
    Going from black hair to blonde hair is the most difficult color change to obtain and can cause the most damage to hair so you'd need good quality hair products and lots of hair conditioner.

So it's probably best to find some pennies and head to the salon!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm blonde and have been all my life. For the past few weeks, I've thought about dying my hair a nice goldeney brown, just for a change and because I got bored with my look.

So today, i went out and brought Garnier Nutrisse cappuccino, which is supposed to be a golden brown. I left it on for the right amount of time. Before I rinsed it, it looked kind of dark, but I figured it would go lighter once rinsed and dried.

Wrong! It's almost black! As you can see from my profile, I am a very pale girl, and this has made me look like something from Haloween! I look like a goth, which was not what I was going for. I also think it emphasizes by forehead, and makes it look huge and white.

It really is terrible. Is there any way of lightening it v. quickly, without bleaching it? I don't really have much money to go to a salon. Is there any kind of shampoo etc that would strip it safely bit by bit? Thanks

:eek:
    I promise you that Head and Shoulders (or any other intensive dandruff shampoo) would get it down to a dark brown. However, unless you want your hair to get completely ****ed up (I talk from experience) you're going to have to head to a salon to give it a proper sort-out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.