Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Right, here goes. I'm currently in my last year of school, and up until about 2 years ago I was as happy as can be. And then almost in the blink of an eye (I'm not going into too many details about it) I fell out with pretty much all of my friends I had built up over my entire life. I tried making new friends in my school, but by the age of 16/17 everyone had formed their own friendship groups and I just didnt fit into any of them. I have tried desperately to fit in, but I just don't feel like I belong with any of them, and i dont think any of them like me. I dread going to school, as I constantly walk about/eat dinner by myself. My social life is also non existent. When I was younger I used to get really annoyed with my parents for not letting me go out often enough. Now its the other way about, they're asking me why I never go out and try to persuade me to go out more often. I'm going to university in a few months and I deliberately applied to a completely different part of the UK simply to get away from everyone and have a fresh start. And to be honest thats the only thing thats allowing me to keep going, the thought that soon I'll be able to leave this chapter of my life behind. But thats not until September, which seems so far away at the minute. So what would any of you do if you were in my shoes? Would you just put up with the misery for another 6 months or has anyone got any ideas about how I could make life slightly more enjoyable for myself? I know plenty of you will be tempted to say "talk about it to someone" but the problem is I don't have any friends to talk to about it, and I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable talking to parents/teachers about it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself involved in some activities, sport, dance, or anything you like to to do in your free time. You will then meet some nice people for certain. You already made a good plan for university, and September is in 6 months but time flies, so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, here goes. I'm currently in my last year of school, and up until about 2 years ago I was as happy as can be. And then almost in the blink of an eye (I'm not going into too many details about it) I fell out with pretty much all of my friends I had built up over my entire life. I tried making new friends in my school, but by the age of 16/17 everyone had formed their own friendship groups and I just didnt fit into any of them. I have tried desperately to fit in, but I just don't feel like I belong with any of them, and i dont think any of them like me. I dread going to school, as I constantly walk about/eat dinner by myself. My social life is also non existent. When I was younger I used to get really annoyed with my parents for not letting me go out often enough. Now its the other way about, they're asking me why I never go out and try to persuade me to go out more often. I'm going to university in a few months and I deliberately applied to a completely different part of the UK simply to get away from everyone and have a fresh start. And to be honest thats the only thing thats allowing me to keep going, the thought that soon I'll be able to leave this chapter of my life behind. But thats not until September, which seems so far away at the minute. So what would any of you do if you were in my shoes? Would you just put up with the misery for another 6 months or has anyone got any ideas about how I could make life slightly more enjoyable for myself? I know plenty of you will be tempted to say "talk about it to someone" but the problem is I don't have any friends to talk to about it, and I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable talking to parents/teachers about it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have
    Sounds like me in school. I was liked by everyone but didnt hang about with any of them.

Put it this way, you've only a coupe of months left if you're still doing your GCSEs or A levels... put up with it, **** off to another city when you're 18, new start.

I wouldn't really recommend talking to your parents about it tbh. They'll end up thinking they've done something wrong or get overly worried. Hurts now, I bet you if you look at this topic in 3 years you'll laugh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.